Higher Milage Gs'es

We currently own a 98 ES300 with 125K miles, and it's holding up pretty well (although some things like seat heaters, power outlets are dying), and one car does not suffice anymore.

I'm looking into a 98-99 GS300/GS400 and for my money it would have about 120-130K miles. How do these cars hold up? Is there anything you suggest paying particular attention to while checking the car out?

The other option I'm considering is 99-00 Acura 3.5RL, which seems to offer a bit better value, but I have to admit I'm becoming a Lex-addict!

Your advice is appreciated!

We currently own a 98 ES300 with 125K miles, and it's holding up pretty well (although some things like seat heaters, power outlets are dying), and one car does not suffice anymore.

I'm looking into a 98-99 GS300/GS400 and for my money it would have about 120-130K miles. How do these cars hold up? Is there anything you suggest paying particular attention to while checking the car out?

The other option I'm considering is 99-00 Acura 3.5RL, which seems to offer a bit better value, but I have to admit I'm becoming a Lex-addict!

I bought a 98 Gs400 for 13.5K back in April of 07'. I love it.

BP

I have a '98 GS 400- Black/black in excellent cosmetic shape. It has 170,000 miles and I drive it everyday. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned and receives lots of stares. It has plenty of power and gets almost 25 mpg on the highway. I have regular maintenance done on it and am proactive in changing out components as I can afford it. Recently I had the lower ball joints replaced.

I do not use a Lexus dealer for maintenance as I have found a very good shop with reasonable rates that specializes in Lexus and Toyota. I have used them for 3 years now and this has made it possible to afford the car.

Do your homework before buying the car, such as using Carfax. Take the car in for a full diagnostic, including a look at the front end. Check previous repair records for component replacement such as the serpentine belt, timing belt, water pump, ball joints, etc.

You can do your own oil changes. Just drop the plastic pan and the filter and oil pan is accessible.

This forum has been invaluable in troubleshooting a few problems, namely the door locks.

Good luck with your purchase.

CitationCapt

• 5 weeks later...

got a 98 gs 400 bought it with 100k and still running with out any major problem except for replacing the rear brake calipers, still running strong with 247k on it.

trust these cars are bulletproof if you take care of them.