Key Programming

blake918

I bought a used remote key for my 94 on ebay; the key is from a 95, but it has the same FCC id # as my 94. I am having trouble programming the remote though. I have found 3(1 from bbsal, 1 from sk, and 1 from the other club) different methods in this club and another club. I tried them fast, moderate, and slow speeds, and I get no response from the car. I replaced the battery with a brand new one, and the seller assures me the key is good. Any ideas <_< .....

:cheers:

sk, the used key that I have will not fit in the ignition, so I can't do the radio test. I turned on the car with a plain master key, and pressed the button on my good remote. Nothing happened, so I guess the remote key must be in the ignition in order for the 94.9 thing to work.

This is the method I've tried the most:

"1 open the driver door and unlock no ignition key yet

2 insert ingnition key then remove it dont turn the key on just insert and remove quickly

3 lock unlock doors 5 times

4 close driver door then open it

5 then lock unlock another 5 times

6 insert key and turn on off twice then remove it within 3 seconds

7 now you will here the beep and after hearing the beep hit your button on the key

8 after hitting the button on the key shut the door then open it and hit the button again on the key and thats it.

your key should now be programmed." -bbsal

I want to say that my problem comes in at step 6 because I can't stick the key in the ignition. Does this even matter? I think it might judging by what happened with the radio test <_< ?.?.