Gas Gauge Not Working After Needle Fix?

Niko

when you re-install the cluster, you must manually put the gas gauge back as close as you can to where it was, I don't know why but when I took my cluster out to change out the back light, i had to do this to fix it

Thanks, I hope it starts working again. Wow, you have a nice collection of cars.

Your welcome, I hope it works for you as it did for me. and thanks... I like cars.... a lot, :D

-Erik

Yeah, I can't remember where the needle was so I can't get it to work at all. I keep putting gas in my car and the needle won't move. I didn't even repair the gas gauge needle so I don't know why its doing this. :huh:

Your welcome, I hope it works for you as it did for me. and thanks... I like cars.... a lot, :D

-Erik

Yeah, I can't remember where the needle was so I can't get it to work at all. I keep putting gas in my car and the needle won't move. I didn't even repair the gas gauge needle so I don't know why its doing this. :huh:

I guess the thing I would try next, fill er' up to the top, un-plug the cluster from all electronics, then put the gauge back up to where it is on the Full mark, then plug it back in to the car and cross your fingers. even if you un-plug it then plug it back in it can do this. it's the only gauge that does the manual reset thing for some reason but as I remember it has to be fairly exact

other than that, I have no idea what you should do

-Erik

i recently had my needles fix my lextech and have ta problem with my gas guage not reading correct it off about a 1/4 of a tank and try to take off needle witha full tank and needles dont just pop off is ther a method to taking them off i know when the car turns off the needle goes all the way pass the full mark and when you start the car then the neddle comes down to wear it thinks the gas is

are you sure you re-attached the harness to the trip buttons (i attached a pic of the harness you need to have attached, it's the one at the bottom thats hardly visible.) It's not related to the gas gauge though, you can have an accurate gas gauge and the trip buttons un-plugged.

hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions

-Erik

post-62042-1205204888_thumb.jpg

post-62042-1205204976_thumb.jpg