Xm And Is350

Cami

I searched....

I stepped up to a gen 5 navi (had a 04 GX) on my 07 IS 350 and I though I would be able to press sat and call XM to activate my account. Not so...

On my GX, I installed the SoundLinq SLX and had XM that way.

Can someone tell me what's the better way, dealer (how much?) or SoundLinq SLX again. Will the Shark Fin serve as the antenna or do I need the XM unit?

Thanks alot...

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying... you thought adding navigation to the vehicle would somehow magically give you an XM receiver?

The OEM ISx50 XM hardware mounts in the trunk of the car, and isn't terribly hard to add... I think it runs around $300 and there's several threads on how to install it yourself

Sorry I'm not clear.

I'm trying to compare the Lexus XM package with Vaistech unit. I had the later mentioned in my GX since the Sat option was not an option as it is on the IS350. I thought by now (07 models) it would be built in.

The Vaistech mounted in series with the head unit, it was a job to install. Your reply sends me in a general direction in that the OEM unit may be more simple to install...

Thanks..

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying... you thought adding navigation to the vehicle would somehow magically give you an XM receiver?

The OEM ISx50 XM hardware mounts in the trunk of the car, and isn't terribly hard to add... I think it runs around $300 and there's several threads on how to install it yourself

Update...03/01/08

We installed the Lexus XM system yesterday. The part number for the receiver was changed, (newer part) and it works perfectly!

Thank alot...Cami

This is perfect!

Thanks so much for taking your time. I'm going with the Lexus parts. The integration appears seamless/

C