A Good Way To Remove A Scuff Mark?

daveGSLooker

I just got back from a weeks vacation in miami beach. As carfanatic... that's a great city. You see a bout 20 Ferraris, Lambo's, and bentley's every day. Crazy thing is all the cars get totally beat up... I saw Lambo Galllardo's Illegaly parked with people bumping into them with there scooters. I was extremely careful parking the LS 430.. I stuck to parking it in the empty parts of parking garages etc... so, I was surprised when I noticed a scuff mark on the rear corner after having it valet parked... Handed the valet a 20 and said i'd be back in 30 minutes.. Unfortunatly I didn't notice the mark until much later. It looks like the black rubber or plastic from a truck or something rubbed against the fender so I'll need something that can clean it well. It looks like it may have also done some surface scratches, but nothing too deap.

Anyone have any hints for getting this stuff off?

I've attached a picture of the mark.

post-55481-1204159459_thumb.jpg

I just got back from a weeks vacation in miami beach. As carfanatic... that's a great city. You see a bout 20 Ferraris, Lambo's, and bentley's every day. Crazy thing is all the cars get totally beat up... I saw Lambo Galllardo's Illegaly parked with people bumping into them with there scooters. I was extremely careful parking the LS 430.. I stuck to parking it in the empty parts of parking garages etc... so, I was surprised when I noticed a scuff mark on the rear corner after having it valet parked... Handed the valet a 20 and said i'd be back in 30 minutes.. Unfortunatly I didn't notice the mark until much later. It looks like the black rubber or plastic from a truck or something rubbed against the fender so I'll need something that can clean it well. It looks like it may have also done some surface scratches, but nothing too deap.

Hi Dave,

I had the exact same problem with my LS. After looking on a BMW forum, I found "Goo-Gone" does a very good job at removing scuffs like that. Just make sure you wash the area well when you are done.

dude that sucks..glad it came off.

Yes Miami has a fantastic car population; when I lived there I used to see the new Lambos; the new Rolls; anything fancy seems to come there even before LA. It's a hard environment though; sun and sand and rain. Lots of rain.

And lots of SUVs...for a place where the highest point is only 17 ft above sea level...

:D