Should I Buy An Is300?

docksupe

Hey everyone. Just have a few newby ?'s about the IS300. I have an '05 Altima 3.5 se auto right now that was fun when I bought it 2 yrs ago but the TQ steer and crappy handling is finally starting to get to me. Don't get me wrong, it makes good power both on and off the highway but I just can't see myself spending any money on upgrades for a car that is FWD, has no leather, sunroof etc. I am looking for a RWD sedan that I can upgrade over time and get some good reliable HP and superior handling and I think the IS300 is just that. I'm not to worried about reliability, but is their a certain year that is prone to more problems? I will probably be going to test drive a few within the next couple of days, so is their any things I should look out for other than the obvious? If I am wrong about the IS300 being a good platform to start with please let me know. Also, please lead me on to some good upgrades to start with. Thank you in advance.

It's better to buy a 2002 or later model. They added a few things and fixed some problems. Otherwise it's like any other car, like try to get low mileage, no body work and dealer service records. They're fun cars already and lots of possibilities for mods. The stock engines are virtually bullet proof provided they're maintained.

Hey everyone. Just have a few newby ?'s about the IS300. I have an '05 Altima 3.5 se auto right now that was fun when I bought it 2 yrs ago but the TQ steer and crappy handling is finally starting to get to me. Don't get me wrong, it makes good power both on and off the highway but I just can't see myself spending any money on upgrades for a car that is FWD, has no leather, sunroof etc. I am looking for a RWD sedan that I can upgrade over time and get some good reliable HP and superior handling and I think the IS300 is just that. I'm not to worried about reliability, but is their a certain year that is prone to more problems? I will probably be going to test drive a few within the next couple of days, so is their any things I should look out for other than the obvious? If I am wrong about the IS300 being a good platform to start with please let me know. Also, please lead me on to some good upgrades to start with. Thank you in advance.

Ill make you a good deal on one...if you can make it Ky. low miles,brand new inside,moon roof, auto 5 speed,suade seats,etc....

Ill make you a good deal on one...if you can make it Ky. low miles,brand new inside,moon roof, auto 5 speed,suade seats,etc....

Did you get the front end damag fixed?

I thought he was tryin to sell it to avoid havin to fix it.

one..Let me know if yoy have serious intrest and ill let you email or call sometime.

PEACE

First of all you aren't allowed to sell stuff in this forum.

Second, you have not disclosed the damage to the car in your attempt to sell.

Third, you have not put a price on the car.

You'll have to wait till you have enough posts and the advertise in the for sale forum.

So please cease and desist.

-- Bart