Vsc/ Check Eng Lt. On.

kimo

hello, we have a 2001 rx300, 85000 miles. I had the vsc/cel lights come on yesterday. checked the computer and was given a code. p0440. evap, I already checked the fuel cap, have pressure when you unscrew it. so I assume that the cap is Ok ?? or possibly a leak in a vacum line?? any more thoughts would be helpful. I have read some of the other threads about this issue and other than the obvius, like a loose line. Im not seeing anything like that on my car. maybe I should buy a new fuel cap and go from there. thank you

hello, we have a 2001 rx300, 85000 miles. I had the vsc/cel lights come on yesterday. checked the computer and was given a code. p0440. evap, I already checked the fuel cap, have pressure when you unscrew it. so I assume that the cap is Ok ?? or possibly a leak in a vacum line?? any more thoughts would be helpful. I have read some of the other threads about this issue and other than the obvius, like a loose line. Im not seeing anything like that on my car. maybe I should buy a new fuel cap and go from there. thank you

If the fuel cap is removed and no fuel is added to the tank, or the cap leaks due to being poorly seated temporarily, you will get this code.

If it was a loss of vacuum in the fuel system the CEL will clear within a few drive cycles.

If the fuel cap is removed and no fuel is added to the tank, or the cap leaks due to being poorly seated temporarily, you will get this code.

If it was a loss of vacuum in the fuel system the CEL will clear within a few drive cycles.

had a friend check system and got a different code today 1150 af sensor im told, is that the one in front of the engine? thanks