What Happens If I Remove The Catalytic Converter

larful

This guy wants to charge me 250 to remove the Catalytic converter oh my 2002 Lexus IS300 I know its not smog friendly he would dummy up the O2 sensor for no engine check light, my only concerns is how would the vehicle run more or less power?

the cats are in the header itself.... so installing an aftermarket header is how you would get rid of the cats... and it would increase the airflow therefore increasing power... and since you removed the cats with an aftermarket header you would have to sim the sensors to prevent a cel...

the cats are in the header itself.... so installing an aftermarket header is how you would get rid of the cats... and it would increase the airflow therefore increasing power... and since you removed the cats with an aftermarket header you would have to sim the sensors to prevent a cel...

So I should get an aftermarket Header , and have him still trick the O2 Sensors?

So I should get an aftermarket Header , and have him still trick the O2 Sensors?

Your car will run faster but it will not pass smog check. Also it might run loud as heck. It depends on what state you are in.