I Just Made A Stupid Mistake

Right now I feel like an idiot. This exact same thing happened to me last winter. I dont know if anybody else does this, but I use the little compartment beside the cigarette lighter as a change stash. Well, a nice, little, stupid!! dime has fallen into my cigarette lighter and once again shorted out my AC and my Heat. I dont want to waste money to get this fixed like I did last time. This is something really stupid and I cant believe I let it happen again!! Is there anyway I can fix this problem myself (since it is just shorted-out)?? Any (and i mean any) help that ya'll can give me would be very very appreciated.

filling quite stupid & angry,

OneHotLex

Jb, I would really appreciate the help, I'm not familiar with it at all. thanks.

I do keep the money in the ashtray. And when I bought my car the actual cigarette lighter didnt come with it - which I dont want it anyway b/c i dont want anybody smoking in my car

You can remove the light completely as well. I use the lighter for a power source on hard wiring. It is just a fuse. Get the dime out of there though. The lighter comes out as a part of the center console and it can be removed from behind if you know how to get the console surround out. It is really quite easy but not if you've never done it before.

I have not yet had a chance to take a picture, but here is a written description.

Open the driver door and look under the dash on the left side. Just above where the carpet ends on the far left you will see a black box marked "Fuses".

Open the box by squeezing the 2 tabs and pull it off.

You will see a chart inside.

The cigarette lighter fuse is in the 2nd row - number 5 across.

Replace with a 15 Amp fuse of the same type.

Let me know if you need more help.

• 4 years later...
By the way, if you are not familiar with the fusebox or need help in that direction, let me know. I'll take a picture and point you to it.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Would you please take a picture of the fusebox and upload it for me? My heater and A/C doesn't blow any hot or cold air although the fan is working fine. I think one of the fuses is blown but I'm not familiar with the fusebox. Really appreciate your help.

By the way, if you are not familiar with the fusebox or need help in that direction, let me know. I'll take a picture and point you to it.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Would you please take a picture of the fusebox and upload it for me? My heater and A/C doesn't blow any hot or cold air although the fan is working fine. I think one of the fuses is blown but I'm not familiar with the fusebox. Really appreciate your help.

you might want to try to send him a PM as this thread is very very old.

Thanks djspawn00 for your advice. I forgot to look at the date of this threat :).

Thanks grnsc40095 for showing me the pictures of the fuse box. These pictures help a lot. Appreciated.

I ended up doing the same with a dime

thanks for all your help it only cost about $1.50 that ius with a fuse puller and extra fuses.

Kenny