Starting Problem

axis8758

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum....Just picked up a 93' sc300 a few months ago. It's a rare 5 speed hardtop with cloth interior. The car has just over 163k miles and runs fine. The problem i'm having is sometimes after I start the car the RPM's will drop below normal idle and cause the car to start shaking and then die. It has never happened on a cold start just after I have driven it then parked and tried to start it again. The other thing I noticed is that when the RPM's start to drop and I press the gas pedal to rev the motor it has no response.

thanks,

I'll bet it's not, but it is definitely worth checkin'.

Just ribbin ya' sk - you wanna make a side bet though to make it a little interesting?

Axis, if you know how to do these troubleshooting items give it a shot and let us know what you find. If you don't but have some mechanical ability, buy the factory service manuals and trouble shoot from there. They are worth their weight in gold. Otherwise take it to a good mechanic familiar with imports and tell him what you told us and have him check what we told you. The IAC is a fairly easy check for a guy like that. I want to win 10 bux from sk ;)

Do yourself a favor and make sure your vacuum lines are all hooked up and not damaged, spark plugs are good, wires, rotor button and cap, clean connections, good air filter - and go from there.

• 6 months later...