Maint Reqd

brosnibean

it just came on this morning and I don't have my code reader with me....is the MAINT REQD a result of a code? i am a short over 43K on the car....i am thinking it may be a result of the work the dealer did on my car about a week ago....the front left wheel sensor had to be be replaced after i put on the eibach pro-kit springs (apparently i jacked the sensor wire removing the spring).... i noticed over the past 3 or 4 days that when pulling into parking spots with the wheels turned to the left (at very low speeds), the abs seems to activate very briefly....then this morning on the way to work the MAINT REQD light came on right after i pulled up to a stop sign and had the abs thing activate (again, very low speed, probably less than 5mph)....

i am going to swing by autozone at lunch to see if they can pull a code....but any thoughts from the resident smart folks?!?

thanks,

brosni-frustrated

That's just the light that comes on xxxx miles since the last time it was reset after routine maintenance. Here's how to reset.

http://my.is/forums/f90/hot-turn-off-your-...d-light-260560/

you da man Bart....also, i changed my oil for the first time this weekend, could that have done it??? maybe i just beat the 5000 mile mark for the oil change by 50 miles or so.....btw, that was probably the most painful and frustrating oil change i have ever done in my life....my wife was actually scared at the obsenities that were flying from the garage on Sunday afternoon....

That's just the light that comes on xxxx miles since the last time it was reset after routine maintenance. Here's how to reset.

you da man Bart....also, i changed my oil for the first time this weekend, could that have done it??? maybe i just beat the 5000 mile mark for the oil change by 50 miles or so.....btw, that was probably the most painful and frustrating oil change i have ever done in my life....my wife was actually scared at the obsenities that were flying from the garage on Sunday afternoon....

just ran out and reset the light, worked like a charm...thanks again Bart

just ran out and reset the light, worked like a charm...thanks again Bart

That reminded me to reset mine. I change oil every 3000 miles and never think about it. :cheers: