Seat Covers

zervo33

I am looking for seat covers for my 1990 lexus LS400, something good but not too expensive. I love this car, but am a student and dont have a lot of money to refinish the leather, is there a good seat cover i can buy that is fairly cheap that I can use to preserve what is left of the leather on the seat. I still use lexol on the leather, but the previous owner carelessly did not tend to the front seat very much. They arent bad, but i would like to find something that matches in gray to cover them. Any suggestions. :whistles:

Please tell me of any products out there and links to places I could buy some seat covers that fit the seats in this awesome car. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I've used leatherseats before on my 93 LS. Very nice two tone, tan with brown. A perfect match for the interior. They are very helpful. I added more padding as well as the new leather. AMAZING results! A lot of work but completely worth every penny.

However, lucky me, some lady about a month ago rear ended me and totaled the vehicle. I did the seats back in Oct-Nov of '06, so they are in pristine condition. Wish I could've enjoyed them a lot longer.

Now I have an '05 LS430 CPO 5yrs/125k. Really do miss my other car. She was my baby and I did just about everything to it. It was mechanically and cosmetically flawless with just about 170k. Had planned to keep it for the next 5 years or so before moving on. My luck I guess.

Also, even though this is my very first post here on the forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that everyone adds. This is a great site and has helped me tremendously while working on my 93 LS. I will miss her dearly. But if I can help anyone, to the best of my ability, I will gladly do so. Take care!

I read nothing but good things about leatherseats.com. Check ClubLexus, leatherseats.com runs group buys over there with pretty good discounts if enough people buy. Or, if you're not looking to spend that much money, try a local upholstery guy. Maybe he could change a couple of the bad sections and redye it all to give it a fresh look.

I've used leatherseats before on my 93 LS. Very nice two tone, tan with brown. A perfect match for the interior. They are very helpful. I added more padding as well as the new leather. AMAZING results! A lot of work but completely worth every penny.

However, lucky me, some lady about a month ago rear ended me and totaled the vehicle. I did the seats back in Oct-Nov of '06, so they are in pristine condition. Wish I could've enjoyed them a lot longer.

Now I have an '05 LS430 CPO 5yrs/125k. Really do miss my other car. She was my baby and I did just about everything to it. It was mechanically and cosmetically flawless with just about 170k. Had planned to keep it for the next 5 years or so before moving on. My luck I guess.

Also, even though this is my very first post here on the forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that everyone adds. This is a great site and has helped me tremendously while working on my 93 LS. I will miss her dearly. But if I can help anyone, to the best of my ability, I will gladly do so. Take care!

I feel your pain.hey,got pics and what have you done to the 93'.

I feel your pain.hey,got pics and what have you done to the 93'.

If I told you everything I've done to the car it would probably total in over 10K, at a minimum. Mind you I only had the car for just a little over two years and I wanted to keep it for at least another 5 years or so. That 311K above makes me really jealous. I loved watching the miles clock on my '93. Each mile was amazing, almost like the first few miles on a new one. All the mechanical work was done at the dealer, starter etc etc, you name it and it was probably done. I have all my records to show for it. Sorry don't really have any before pics, but maybe I'll post a few of the damage. She shined up so well, had a few nicks but thats expected. Waxed every month and washed weekly. This hurts just talking about it. Other than that the car was in amazing condition. I hate to come home and look at it still covered in the driveway. And to top it off my dad has a '94 fully loaded air susp black ext black int. Everything is stock on my car no mods or anything just the seat upgrade to two tone on the '93. Jade ext and tan (two tone) int.

In other news...I just ordered a Vaistech video unit for my 05 today. Anyone know where to get install instructions or recommendations. I'm gonna do it myself. (probably the only thing I truly wanted in my '93).