How To Replace The Rear Brake Light Bulb For 2002 Rx300 ?

Yee

I have a 02' RX300. Recently, the"rear light failure warning" light came up on the instrument panel. I checked the rear lights and noticed that the rear-left brake light on the lift gate is out. I serached the forum and could not find any discussion re/ how to replace the bulb. If anyone has done this before, please advise. Thanks !

this is easy. you need to open the back gate, and unscrew the rear light panel, and then replace the bulb. but be careful, it is very easy to drop the bulb inside the panel, and then you'll be stuck with a rattling bulb. bulbs typically cost $10. you can always check the manual as well.

this is easy. you need to open the back gate, and unscrew the rear light panel, and then replace the bulb. but be careful, it is very easy to drop the bulb inside the panel, and then you'll be stuck with a rattling bulb. bulbs typically cost $10. you can always check the manual as well.

Go here to this site:

http://home.comcast.net/~rx300how2/index.html

jm, thanks for the prompt reply. Just like to clarify as to where should I get access to the light bulb housing. Since it's the one on the lower left side of the lift gate that's broken, I am not too sure where should I open: 1) do I open the felt-like lower panel on the inside of the lift gate or do I unscrew the two black bolts (look like plastic ones) on the edge of the left-side of the lift gate in order to get to where the brake light bulb is ? If it's the former, the lower panel, how do I open it ? I tried to open the lower panel a little but felt that it was very tightly secured all around. I just don't want to break anything unnecessary. So please advise which area. 1) or 2), is the right place to begin with. Thanks for the advise !!