Speedometer Does Not Work...

Chexation

I had the battery on my GX470 (2004) changed.

Now, the speedometer is not working. The odometer works. The RPM needle works. The hot/cold gauge works. The fuel gauge works. Everything else in the car works.

The speedometer needle does not move. At times, it seems a little jumpy. But, it does not move off of zero MPH.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery again. But, nothing changed. One time when I started the car, the RPM needle did not move up. Then, it jumped up all of a sudden.

I called two Lexus service centers and neither one had a clue. They both said, "bring it in." I thought it might just be a fuse. But, I cannot figure out which fuse it would be. None of the ones under the dash nor under the hood say anything about 'speedometer'.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

Have you tried to have it plugged into the diagnostic plug under the steering column. (OBDII)? The people at Autozone will do it fro free I have been told.

I checked using an OBDII scanner. No issues came up.

I called four Lexus dealerships. None ever heard of this happening.

Yesterday, the Speedometer worked for a 25 mile trip across town. Then, on the way back, it didn't work. Same thing happened today.

Kind of scary if even Lexus doesn't have a clue.

The speedometer is not working on my GX470 (2004). The odometer works. The RPM needle works. The hot/cold gauge works. The fuel gauge works. Everything else in the car works.

The speedometer needle does not move. At times, it seems a little jumpy. But, it does not move off of zero MPH.

I brought it into the Lexus Dealership who determined that the "Combination Meter" was not working properly. The tech says he has seen this happen on several GX470's in the past. But, moreso, on older LS400's (1990, 1992, etc).

The cost of repair was $787 for the part and another $110 for labor. It takes a few days to get the part in. Not something they have at the shop. Also, they need to program your mileage into the new meter.