Red Oil Level/pressure Light

I've got an intermittent red oil level/presssure light on the dash of my 98 GS400, but the oil level is normal and there is no noise coming from the engine to indicate oli starvation. I'm thinking it's a sensor, but has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix it and where is the sensor located?

thanks,

buyer1

I've got an intermittent red oil level/presssure light on the dash of my 98 GS400, but the oil level is normal and there is no noise coming from the engine to indicate oli starvation. I'm thinking it's a sensor, but has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix it and where is the sensor located?

thanks,

buyer1

How many miles. When does it come on? Idle after hot interstate driving? Only when turning? What weight oil are you running? Oil pump failures are very rare for the 1uzfe engine.

BP

thanks,

buyer1

How many miles. When does it come on? Idle after hot interstate driving? Only when turning? What weight oil are you running? Oil pump failures are very rare for the 1uzfe engine.

BP

160k miles, the light flickers on and off after 3-4 miles of driving then comes on solid soon after. The oil is changed regularly every 3000-5000 miles. I've been told that the oil pressure switch will fail.

Thanks

buyer1