Ps Trouble Again!

tlewis

Can someone please help? We replaced the power steering pump in our 92 lexus ls 400, we are still having problems...it appears that the fluid is going into the intake and burning white smoke when we first start the car. We have done the flushing and everything that has been suggested in the forums.The only thing we can't seem to find anything on is the idle control valve.Can anyone tell us more about this and where we might find one? We saw something in one of the posts about plugging the intake hose with a bolt but we don't know if that's a good idea or not. If someone could advise us further on this it would be much appreciated. A part number for the valve would help, the auto parts store said it would be a dealers item. Has anyone changed one? I have found out so much information from this forum and I love my car but the husband is reaching the boiling point so any help you can give me will help me keep my car. Thanks,

Can someone please help? We replaced the power steering pump in our 92 lexus ls 400, we are still having problems...it appears that the fluid is going into the intake and burning white smoke when we first start the car. We have done the flushing and everything that has been suggested in the forums.The only thing we can't seem to find anything on is the idle control valve.Can anyone tell us more about this and where we might find one? We saw something in one of the posts about plugging the intake hose with a bolt but we don't know if that's a good idea or not. If someone could advise us further on this it would be much appreciated. A part number for the valve would help, the auto parts store said it would be a dealers item. Has anyone changed one? I have found out so much information from this forum and I love my car but the husband is reaching the boiling point so any help you can give me will help me keep my car. Thanks,

there two hoses that run from the intake manifold to the power steering pump. Where those connect is valve. cannot remember the name at this time. that valve leaks fluid into the two hoses which is sucked up into the intake and burns upon start up as white smoke. it is a toyota part which you can buy at a toyota dealer cheaper than a lexus dealer.

i am here.......the previous quote was correct.....replace the valve on the p/s unit, that will solve it.....its a little expensive from the dealer but thats where i got mine, i was getting smoke at start up as well and this fixed it

bdjh is correct. This part is used on a lot of Toyota models, and should be available at any Toyota dealer.

When I had this part replaced on my 93 LS, I ordered it from one of the Toyota dealerships that sell parts over the internet. I believe it was www.toyotaworld.com. As I recall, the part was around $80.00. It was over $100.00 at the Lexus dealership.

The part number is 17630-16040.