Questions About Aftermarket Stereo Installations

I'm thinking about installing a double din dvd/nav unit in my 1990 ls 400. Are they hard to install? i know what i wanna buy, but i know that you loose the use of the subwoofer. what about the changer? do you loose the use if it as well? i noticed that when you buy the wiring harness there are only 2 of the 4 plugs. if you do loose the use of the changer, is there any way you can wire it up to still be able to use it?

-Ryan

• 4 weeks later...
I'm thinking about installing a double din dvd/nav unit in my 1990 ls 400. Are they hard to install? i know what i wanna buy, but i know that you loose the use of the subwoofer. what about the changer? do you loose the use if it as well? i noticed that when you buy the wiring harness there are only 2 of the 4 plugs. if you do loose the use of the changer, is there any way you can wire it up to still be able to use it?

-Ryan

I have also wanted to do various upgrades, after talking with Lexus, various car installers and what not. The Lexus will require a 100% componet replacment for all the options you listed. non-of the devices are designed to intagrate into new products with out a great fight. If you know what you want then you best find what makes it work across the board. I repalced the speakers and the amp, I will wait unit the head unit fails before replacing something that works.