New Guy

Noah H.

Hello...My name is Noah and I have had an LX 450 for about a year and a half and have relied on your forum to get quality info. Thanks!! I figured I should join since I have gotten so much benefit from it.

This is my first Lexus and I love it...always drove toyotas before.

I get approx 16 mpg but I drive a lot of highway miles.

I like to off road and have never been let down...snow, sand, or mud the truck is great.

Some problems I have...

I have the power antenna grinding problem...I have seen replacement part on ebay but am not sure if it will actually solve the problem, it seems a little cheap. Any experience fixing it?

Also, I broke one of the switches on the drivers powers seat. Anyone know if I can replace the switches or do I need a new seat?

I need some new tires and am looking into All Terrains...Any Suggestions? I live in Northern California and Les Schwab is $950 out the door. I also need to get some new shocks and possibly springs...125k miles and I think they are original. Stock of Aftermarket?

I just ordered the additional cupholder from Slee Off Road...thanks to an early forum post.

Anyway, I know this is a lot of questions but I am in no rush...any help/advise is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Some problems I have...

I have the power antenna grinding problem...I have seen replacement part on ebay but am not sure if it will actually solve the problem, it seems a little cheap. Any experience fixing it?

Not sure what you're referring to by grinding. The plastic line in my antenna mast broke so my antenna mast would no longer go up and down. The mast with the plastic line can be bought from Toyota. If this is you're problem, you'll have to remove the old antenna, take the cover off the antenna motor to remove the broken plastic line, then you can feed the new line in and re-secure the new antenna mast the same way you took the old one off.

Also, I broke one of the switches on the drivers powers seat. Anyone know if I can replace the switches or do I need a new seat?

Can't help you on this one.

I need some new tires and am looking into All Terrains...Any Suggestions? I live in Northern California and Les Schwab is $950 out the door.

I just got new meats last week. I got the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I think they were the highest rated SUV/Light Truck All terrain as tested be Consumer Reports. A lot of people on another forum I frequent have them and like them. They have a more aggressive tread pattern than a regular highway tire and up the looks factor if you're poser like me. Some other popular All Terrain options are the Bridgestone Dueler Revo, and the BF Goodrich AT/KO. I purchased 5 Nittos (replaced spare too) from Discount Tire and had them mounted and balanced locally for right at $700.

Some problems I have...

I also need to get some new shocks and possibly springs...125k miles and I think they are original. Stock of Aftermarket?

Really depends on what you plan on doing with your vehicle. Alot of people with this ventage vehicle are moving towards a more off-road capable set up. Therefore they want to lift it. Slee off road carries the Old Man Emu spring and shock kits. Dougjohn can tell you about those, because he's lifted and does a lot of off road. A lot of people like the Rancho shocks too. If you're not going that route, then OEM is fine. I replaced my shocks 4 years ago with KYB Monomax on the recommendation of another member. They've been okay I guess. I may replace the springs in the near future, but will probably go with the OME replacement springs from Slee. It says replacement springs, but they actually give you 3/4" to 1" of lift, which would probably be fine with me, and I could still park it in the garage.

Cheers,

Rookie

Yo Rookie...thanks for the info...I think I will try to get the tires you suggested. I have a little poser in me as well. The shocks are a good suggestion. Slee is awesome for accessories.

I am getting a brushguard tomorrow and will post smoe pics.

Ray, cheers to you.

I'll be back.

I am getting a brushguard tomorrow and will post smoe pics.

A little poser in you...???? A brushguard qualifies you as a full fledged member. You better hope Dougjohn doesn't see this thread :D. On a serious note, brushguards have been coined "damage multipliers". In light frontend accidents that would typically be restricted to bumper damage, with a brushguard you will end up with hood, grill and possibly headlight damage. Just an FYI.

On the tires... they're pretty sharp looking. But they do have a bit more noise to them versus the previous road tires I had. The size I got were 265/75 which are about 1/2" to 3/4" taller than the stock 275/75 size. I didn't particularly want to take the weight and mileage hit stepping up to a 285 or 295 tire.

Cheers,

Rookie

Welcome Noah.

:cheers:

Hello everyone! or Hafa Adai as we say in Guam. I'm glad I found this website ! It has really helped me with some problems I have with my 450. Im kinda really new in this forum thing so pardon the mistakes and ignorance on my part when i post something. Thanks :D