Ethanols

Stopped at a Hess gas station the other day and when I saw their gas has 10% of ethanol or less I kept on driving to my trusted Chevron station.

Can we use gas with 10% ethanol in our cars?

The problems with ethanol are: storage and winterization along with eats o-rings in carbs and sucks in lubricity. It is nothing new and I think no one knows the longer effects of it.

I know my motorycles HATES it, big time.

I don't think ethanol attacks the seals in newer cars. They were sourced with running ethanol in mind.

I have no idea what the affects of Ethanol are, but our 06 Acura MDX manual clearly states that we should avoid the use of fuels containing 10% Ethanol.

Problem is, I can't find a gas station without 10% Ethanol anywhere in my area.

I don't think ethanol attacks the seals in newer cars. They were sourced with running ethanol in mind.

I have no idea what the affects of Ethanol are, but our 06 Acura MDX manual clearly states that we should avoid the use of fuels containing 10% Ethanol.

Problem is, I can't find a gas station without 10% Ethanol anywhere in my area.

I don't know why the manual says that but we don't have much choice in the matter.

Since we're talking 2nd Generation Lexus IS models here, the manual doesn't mention ethanol at all.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3788