Need To Extract More Power

I need to make my SC400 faster soon. My friend is looking to buy a G35 (once he gets his lazy !Removed! a job) and he keeps bragging about how the G35 will beat my SC400. That being so, I got a couple of months to mod up my car. I'm looking at a number of mods, but I need some advise first.

1) Precision Dragon TC - From what I've read, this is about the best mod money can buy without going off the deep end (nitrous, forced induction, or engine swapping). The only thing I'm wondering about is if installing a torque converter with a high stall will overheat and wear my transmission.

2) RMM Rod Millen Exhaust - From what I've read, the exhaust is also very restrictive. I'm looking at starting off with some RMM mufflers that I saw on L-tuned parts; however, they advertise them as being for 92-96 only. I know my 97' had a redesign with the bumpers arching around the muffler tips more so. Would this cause the Rod Millen RMM mufflers not to fit?

http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=576

A second part I have to this question is if its really neccessary to go all-out with aftermarket exhaust from the manifold all the way to mufflers, or would swapping out the mufflers be just enough?

3) Rod Millen Intake - As you can tell, I'm a fan of Rod Millen. This time, I'm looking at this from lextasy.com:

http://www.lextasy.com/sc_400_rmm_intake_s...s_1389_prd1.htm

According to the website, it will only fit SCs from 93' or earlier. I find this strange; why wouldnt it fit SCs after 93? Is it just a misprint, considering the SC400 didnt come out until June 91' as a 92 model?

4) ECU - I'm not sure about this part. What type of aftermarket ecus would you suggest?

Anything else to suggest without major work?

okay for starters, yes the TC will probably cause your Trans to wear out a LOT quicker than normal, also, the exhaust is definitely a good idea. my plan is to remove or gut the cats, then install a flowmaster exhaust with some nice mufflers. give my car a little of that V8 sound we love so much... maybe it will drown out them annoying valve taps!!! the intake is kind of a joke though!! you can buy a MAF adapter for 15 bucks from Auto Zone or Checkers, then put a 3" cone filter on it to produce the same setup. i cannot see paying 250 bucks for an adapter and filter. at the most i would spend probably 80 bucks.... 60 for the filter, and 20 for the adapter. in all honesty, i would just run piping from the MAF down into the front grill and install the cone down there.

I need to make my SC400 faster soon. My friend is looking to buy a G35 (once he gets his lazy !Removed! a job) and he keeps bragging about how the G35 will beat my SC400. That being so, I got a couple of months to mod up my car. I'm looking at a number of mods, but I need some advise first.

1) Precision Dragon TC - From what I've read, this is about the best mod money can buy without going off the deep end (nitrous, forced induction, or engine swapping). The only thing I'm wondering about is if installing a torque converter with a high stall will overheat and wear my transmission.

2) RMM Rod Millen Exhaust - From what I've read, the exhaust is also very restrictive. I'm looking at starting off with some RMM mufflers that I saw on L-tuned parts; however, they advertise them as being for 92-96 only. I know my 97' had a redesign with the bumpers arching around the muffler tips more so. Would this cause the Rod Millen RMM mufflers not to fit?

http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=576

A second part I have to this question is if its really neccessary to go all-out with aftermarket exhaust from the manifold all the way to mufflers, or would swapping out the mufflers be just enough?

3) Rod Millen Intake - As you can tell, I'm a fan of Rod Millen. This time, I'm looking at this from lextasy.com:

http://www.lextasy.com/sc_400_rmm_intake_s...s_1389_prd1.htm

According to the website, it will only fit SCs from 93' or earlier. I find this strange; why wouldnt it fit SCs after 93? Is it just a misprint, considering the SC400 didnt come out until June 91' as a 92 model?

4) ECU - I'm not sure about this part. What type of aftermarket ecus would you suggest?

Anything else to suggest without major work?

What a BIG waste of Money.....

I guess I'll just stick to exhaust. I don't want to mess up the other parts of my car. Going off the deep end, does anyone know if the new V8s (UR family) can fit into our SCs? I'm drooling over that IS-F's 5.0L V8 or even the new LS460/GS460's engine. Maybe in a couple years when they start getting listed on craigslist or eBay, I could pick one up and swap it into my car.