Dimming Of Instument Lights

There's a little knob to the left of the steering column right below the instrument cluster. Turn it all the way to the right for the brightest setting. Turn it till it clicks to lock it on bright.

I've noticed the dash lights brightening and dimming in the daytime when driving in and out of sun and shade so there may be an ambient light sensor.

It's wired up to your the light sensor that triggers your automatically headlights.

So basically if you turn on your headlight during the day, your tach and GPS screen won't dim (+invert colours for the GPS screen). Keep those headlights on and for example drive into a tunnel then back out you'll notice it'll dim then become bright again.

Good thing Lexus thought of this, i belive the old Accords didn't do this so as a result the GPS screen would be impossible to see and have to be manually changed to day mode.

It's wired up to your the light sensor that triggers your automatically headlights.

So basically if you turn on your headlight during the day, your tach and GPS screen won't dim (+invert colours for the GPS screen). Keep those headlights on and for example drive into a tunnel then back out you'll notice it'll dim then become bright again.

Good thing Lexus thought of this, i belive the old Accords didn't do this so as a result the GPS screen would be impossible to see and have to be manually changed to day mode.

+1. I love this feature so much better than the dimming in my Honda Pilot. In "Auto" dimming mode, the nav screen dims if I turn the headlights on--say, if it's snowing or raining.