Tweak Front Seat Memory?

NEBCO

I never seem to remember to hit my button to adjust the front seat settings until i am moving, and the lexus wont allow me to hit it until i am stopped. I dont spose there is any work-around on this, or a way to reprogram?

I don't mean to sound like an !Removed!, but I think the easiest way would be to put a post-it note on your steering wheel so when youget in you remember to do it. It is VERY dangerous for it to activate while driving as it could move you away from your brake pedal, or push you into your steering wheel while driving, and that would be very bad.

I never seem to remember to hit my button to adjust the front seat settings until i am moving, and the lexus wont allow me to hit it until i am stopped. I dont spose there is any work-around on this, or a way to reprogram?

You might want to check your owners manual to see if each ignition key isn't already set-up to be used as one of the seat(etc.) memory positions. The 2000 Chrysler T&C had that ability as did my 2000 911/996 and as does my 2001 911/996. I can't imagine an LS430 not having this ability.

I don't mean to sound like an !Removed!, but I think the easiest way would be to put a post-it note on your steering wheel so when youget in you remember to do it. It is VERY dangerous for it to activate while driving as it could move you away from your brake pedal, or push you into your steering wheel while driving, and that would be very bad.

I don't mean to sound more of an !Removed! than you but this might? If your lack of memory is that chronic, one thing you could do is set memory position 2 for the seat to be all the way back and push it before you turn the car off. Then the next time you start your car, you won't be able to drive it until you push the memory 1 button. Of course whether this will work or not depends on whether you'll remember to push mem 2 before you get out of the car.

I don't mean to sound more of an !Removed! than you but this might?

A bunch of asses, lol.

Actually Eatingupblacktop, thats a brilliant idea. Guess the wife can just play with the buttons now that her mem2 has become my "all the way back" button !!!!

I don't mean to sound more of an !Removed! than you but this might?

A bunch of asses, lol.

Actually Eatingupblacktop, thats a brilliant idea. Guess the wife can just play with the buttons now that her mem2 has become my "all the way back" button !!!!

WELL! Lots of interesting replies. I guess the Germans are less intrusive than the Japanese because my BMW allowed me to hit the seat button while moving, and the danger was minimal. after all, you have to hold the button down while the changes occur and so you just quit pushing it if there is danger. too bad Lexus didnt fully reverse engineer that feature. I guess I will have to make a deal with my wife to have her hit my button when she exits the car. By the way--does anyone have a good idea on what to store in that teeny tiny box under each front seat?