I Have Some ?'s Re: My Just Purchased 95 Sc400

JEBVIXXEN

Hi! I just bought a 1995 SC400 and it's missing a few things.....the phone for starters-I see where it goes in the center console--but it is not there..How do I get one?/ and a cigarette lighter it has no lighter-does it need a special size one or something?? I've been reading the fourms here and I realize that the trunk lid/ latch thing is a common problem, but is the drivers side door lock another common one?-I have to push the little button for manual lock and unlock, I also have the 2 back speakers not making any sound--what size are these and is replacing them "serious surgery"? I wish I had an owners manual...but it's a repo--and I work for a finance company so I got a (really good!) deal on it because she's 'high miles but ungodly clean' this comment was followed by someone telling me "that car is you!"-So I guess I can live with that...Thanks for listening :)

post-3-1070260356.jpg

The phone would be out of date an probably not available to use on any service in the USA.

It shouldn;t need a special size as all of them are made to fit adapters for phones and other contraptions.

The amp for the car might be shot for a leak on the floor or trunk.

the rear speakers are 4 1/2" and require removing the back deck to get to them. this is not a difficult job

but a time consuming one. you have to remove the back seat first. you can test your amp by using a "good"

speaker and touching a hot wire to your "bad" speaker lead ins, if the "good" speaker works then your amp is ok.

you can do this from the trunk without removing anything. i had both of my back speakers die at once and did

this procedure to find the problem. its wasn't my original idea but a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a service manual on a CD on e-bay for $16.00 delivered. It is 1500 pages and seems to be complete. The problem is there is no index and the files are coded like old CPM files, 6 characters. I spent a day opening files and combing them so I could find stuff easier.