Remote Start

Has anyone had one of these installed? I purchased mine from the dealer when I bought the car but, for some reason they claim that because of the smart-key system, I must have another transmitter. I find this odd because I have a Nissan Murano that also uses a smart key, and all I have to do is press Lock, Unlock, Lock and the car starts. The additional transmitter makes the key ring a bit cumbersome, never mind putting it in your pants pocket.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I had a Toyota part remote start installed at the dealer in N '07 Camry XLE with Smart Start.Also no second fob.The lock button on the original fob was used with the remote start.

However.Lexus won't do an remote start install for some reason at least when I bought mine.

One thing I dislike about Toyota doing a remote install is this new safety thing they put into effect the last 2-3 years.

You start the car but when you unlock the door,the engine stalls and you must manually start the vehicle.

As soon as someone finds a place or a lexus dealer that will put in a remote start in the IS please let the rest of us know. I have been bugging them for some time now asking when it will be available. It would be nice to program the smart key, because your right that would suck to have an additional fob. Hey look at me I'm a janitor! At that point you miht as well get one of those recoil chains to hook to your belt! :lol:

As soon as someone finds a place or a lexus dealer that will put in a remote start in the IS please let the rest of us know.

What he said. If you have a remote start in the IS250 AWD, you'd be about the only one.What year is your car? Let's see a picture of your fob, the name of your dealer, the cost, and the part number of the remote start. Then I'll believe it.

• 9 months later...
Remote starts can mostly def be installed in all the Lexus Push Start cars. I have personally done well over 100 of them in all the models.

Anyone who tells you they can't be done doesn't want to do the work.... I sure as hell would love to do them...

He's right, it can be done... they just don't feel like, or don't know how to do it.... I'd be glad to refer you to my installer for anyone in the NYC/Long Island area that wants it done.

I've been around long enouph to know that with enouph money anything can be done. The question is how much? And have all the obstacles been dealt with? Or is there some issues that are just "Jerry Rigged" to work?Like once the car is started via the remote, does the car shut off when I open the door? Do I have to shut the car off and restart the car with the start button now? Will the car run with out the key fob? The car stays locked? Do you now have to use another remote to unlock/lock the car? the keyless fob doesn't interfere at all? what remote start system are you using? Do you have to bypass the stock security system?

Remote starts can mostly def be installed in all the Lexus Push Start cars. I have personally done well over 100 of them in all the models.

Anyone who tells you they can't be done doesn't want to do the work.... I sure as hell would love to do them...

He's right, it can be done... they just don't feel like, or don't know how to do it.... I'd be glad to refer you to my installer for anyone in the NYC/Long Island area that wants it done.

i'm in northern NJ and I'll do them all day on the side if I could.....

I've been around long enouph to know that with enouph money anything can be done. The question is how much? And have all the obstacles been dealt with? Or is there some issues that are just "Jerry Rigged" to work?Like once the car is started via the remote, does the car shut off when I open the door? Do I have to shut the car off and restart the car with the start button now? Will the car run with out the key fob? The car stays locked? Do you now have to use another remote to unlock/lock the car? the keyless fob doesn't interfere at all? what remote start system are you using? Do you have to bypass the stock security system?

none of that stuff happens, no need to restart the car, can shut it down via remote, but you will have to use another remote for the keyless entry, but if you install a full featured remote start you'll have it all on one remote

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you mind posting someone who does remote starts on Lexus ES350 in the Long Island (suffolk if possible) area? Lexus dealer doesnt want to get involved.

thx