Alternator Not Charging

kountryboytexas

First my alt light doesn't come on at all. The car went dead and i check battery it was dead. I changed battery and it did the same thing. Replaced alt with same lexus alt. Same problem is happening. Checked fusible link and it was good. Someone please help. I had the alt checked at autozone it check out good. I noticed in the schematic that the alt warning light has a diode, would that be a problem? Does anyone have an idea of what this can be?

Hi ...... well .... we will see who answers here, and there are many Lexus gurus here, for sure ......

but in the event no one really pics up on this, I think I know a person who truly would know the answer to your enigma. Problem is, you might have to be pretty desperate to talk to him as we are talking abut a phone call to California at the correct time of day ..... about 7:55 am Pacific Standard Time, to be exact. Yes .... you would really need to call at that exact time .......

The ultimate Toyota Guru in my area is a guy named Troy. His has his own shop in a small town out in Southern California where I also live. He is NOT a "shade tree mechanic" by any stretch of the imagination whatsoever. He is an "independent" and has invested multiplied thousands of $$$$ on tools and equipment.

He is a "one man show," if you will ... but he is good about answering the phone. Thing is ... you gotta catch him BEFORE he is under a car on the rack.

PLEASE offer to pay him for his time on the phone, ok? Seriously. Buy him a cheeseburger, or a Domino's Pizza ... or something, ok? He is worth it. He has seen every problem with these cars you can imagine a hundred times. He is honest. He is cool. He has nearly 30 years on everything Toyota and Honda ...... yes ... he has worked for Lexus before as well ....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ...... in fact ... now that I think about it ... if 12,000 people read this thread ... and they all start calling Troy becasue of me ....... oh crap! He will hate me FOREVER.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... tell ya what ........ contact me instead, and I will have his phone number ready for you, ok?

rickatups@hotmail.com

I really hope this is a help to you .... and ...... bet ya this works.

First my alt light doesn't come on at all. The car went dead and i check battery it was dead. I changed battery and it did the same thing. Replaced alt with same lexus alt. Same problem is happening. Checked fusible link and it was good. Someone please help. I had the alt checked at autozone it check out good. I noticed in the schematic that the alt warning light has a diode, would that be a problem? Does anyone have an idea of what this can be?

First of all you shouldn't start a new thread for the same problem. Stay with your original thread so there's a sequential history that anyone wanting to reply can review first. Next, in your prevoius thread, you didn't answer some of the questions that members who were trying to offer help had asked you.

Namely:

there is a cirquit responsible for switching from battery to alternator and for charging. it looks like it have gone bad. first thing i would do is to test relay in the engine compartment that is marked as "charing" or "alternator"

Also:

How is your battery and have you checked out your cables?

I suggest you return to your previous thread and provide some of this information there.

There are plenty of members who would be glad to help.

First of all you shouldn't start a new thread for the same problem. Stay with your original thread so there's a sequential history that anyone wanting to reply can review first. Next, in your prevoius thread, you didn't answer some of the questions that members who were trying to offer help had asked you.

Namely:

there is a cirquit responsible for switching from battery to alternator and for charging. it looks like it have gone bad. first thing i would do is to test relay in the engine compartment that is marked as "charing" or "alternator"

Also:

How is your battery and have you checked out your cables?

I suggest you return to your previous thread and provide some of this information there.

There are plenty of members who would be glad to help.

Thanks you are right