Clunking Noise In Front Brand New Rx400h

I ave a brand new (600 Miles) RX 400h and when I hit certain bumps or the lane divider reflectors, I get a metallic clunk or "ping" from the drivers side (front I think). I have an appointment to get it checked out, but was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I seems that the noise happens as the suspension releases/decompresses.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 with the same behavior. You can really hear it when your in reverse. I have mine dealer serviced every 5K and part of that includes a break inspection so I just assumes that it was normal behavior. Maybe next time I'll mention it. My biggest problem is the foul odor that emits from the vents when it's humid or raining. I'm assuming that has something to do with the AC evaporator unit but I'm still investigating.

I have a 2007 with the same behavior. You can really hear it when your in reverse. I have mine dealer serviced every 5K and part of that includes a break inspection so I just assumes that it was normal behavior. Maybe next time I'll mention it. My biggest problem is the foul odor that emits from the vents when it's humid or raining. I'm assuming that has something to do with the AC evaporator unit but I'm still investigating.

The foul odor issue has been discussed extensively on this site. Do a search as see if someone has a solution that works for you. Checking the cabin filter that is behind the glove box is a starting place.

The foul odor issue has been discussed extensively on this site. Do a search as see if someone has a solution that works for you. Checking the cabin filter that is behind the glove box is a starting place.

GDixon,

I have done quite a bit of searching and taking to the dealer. They have changed the cabin filter and sprayed some germicide in the duct system both without luck. It only happens when it's raining out. I guess it's back to the dealer again.

Finally got it down to the dealer and they fixed an interior noise that I had not heard. It was the fabric where the rear cargo cover attaches. Then I took them for a drive and they finally heard the noise I was describing and said they think the Parking brake may not be properly adjusted so they are looking into that today. I am meanwhile driving an IS 250 around which is an OK car but I want my RX back. I have become quite spoiled with the bluetooth phone and the comfort, not to mention the gas mileage. I will update with the final solution later today when I get my RX back.

• 11 months later...
It was the E-brake. Just needed a wee bit of adjustment. Now if I can only get the Nav to allow me to enter Addresses while moving!!

I've been having this prob on my '06 and the dealer "can't duplicate it!" THey are really annoyeing... will see if I can try again...