Klasse ......

Ok Steve I read your topic in autopia about the poorboys. You were in my neck of the woods and it didn't last. That's not good. :o I have a white gs how does klasse do on light colored cars? I'm gonna strip off the 4 coats of poorboys and put the klasse twins on. These winters are rough in the Northeast with the salt on the roads and the acid rains. I'm hoping I can get a couple of months out of Klasse. :unsure:

I was shocked. I get months out of EX here in DC, but two nights of rain in NJ and it was solid gone...

It was more gone than it was after 4 months here! Just the acidity of the rain I guess, couldn't hold up to it. Have you had the EX on with steady rain? If it hasn't stripped on you then you may still be okay with the EX.

I just used Klasse on my white Explorer and it turned out well. We sell it here, www.lexuscarcare.com

Read around Autopia at some of the techniques. I can't make this stuff work easily and the bare appearance of the paint (no swirl hiding) bothers me, but it shouldnt be an issue with you on the white. I just used the Collinite and I'm happy with how it went on (makes swirls invisible!) might wanna think about it too. You could put it right on top of the EX you've already got on there and seal the whole deal in.

With the trucks I only had 2 coats of ex on, and I noticed the lack of durability. On the car I have 4 coats and a coat of meguiars 26 and I haven't seen the beading change ... yet :unsure: (I think). Doesn't look like Ill be able to do anything this weekend, the tristate area is about to get hit with a snowstorm starting Fri morning :angry: . There goes all my work...oh well.

Yeah I know, they're calling for 2 inches here by morning and 5 when its all said and done on Saturday night. The Lexus will be snug and warm in the garage while I drive the Explorer lol

Probably the #26 has created a sacrificial layer over top of the EX which is causing the extra durability. Throwing the Collinite on top of all of that should work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in NH and up here the winters are pretty harsh on the paint. I use Klasse twins all the time and in the warmer months I top it with EX. Klasse twins will last you up to 6 months and will most certaintly get you through the winter months without having to do another coat. I've been using Klasse for years and I haven't found anything worth replacing it with. I'm sure to give Meguiars upcoming sealant, NXT Tech Wax a shot when it comes out shortly.

• 1 month later...

~One mans opinion / observation~

I’ve been using polymer sealants like Klasse, Autoglym since ’60 on all types of cars and paint systems.

They provide a durable protection, albeit with a silvery glow, but ‘topped’ with a Carnauba wax will provide the depth of shine that polymers lack.

Meguiar’s NXT is also a polymer sealant (despite its name Tech Wax), much easier to apply/remove than Klasse and it provides a darker shine, as for durability, hard to judge as it very new (released 02.04)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

• 4 weeks later...