Dash Warning Lights

jadecuir

I failed smog check last week due to burned out dash bulb (engine warning light) I swapped bulbs to get smog check cleared. Where can I find replacement bulbs at a decent price? Local auto parts stores don't carry them and can't find a part # in their computer. Radio shack had some lights nearly the right size, but without the stiff wire leads required.

Toyota dealer time, I guess.

They are like $10 0r $15 each at the dealer if I remember correctly... You know you can use another bulb on the back of cluster... Like maybe your brake bulb or some other not so important bulb that probably doesn't work anyway on an older car like yours.....Just swap another bulb as they are all the same bulbs... I think there is two or three bulbs that would just never come on if I remember correctly..Like window washer fluid light.. Something stupid like that......

Just a thought if you want a freebee and pass smog...

know you can use another bulb on the back of cluster... Like maybe your brake bulb or some other not so important bulb that probably doesn't work anyway on an older car like yours.....Just swap another bulb as they are all the same bulbs

Exactly!

I used the seatbelt warning bulb... Personally, I know when my seatbelt is on and when it isn't... I also later on got a great deal on ebay for a full bezel for the instrument cluster of my LS, it came with all the bulbs as well for 12$ total... Maybe keep an eye out for that and the you have bulbs for life.