Really Confused (keep Throwing Belt)

snidehockey

95 sc400

I'm really confused / frustrated.

the car keeps throwin the serp. belt off. I already have replaced the belt...and put a brand new tensioner on. It does it anytime I accelerate semi-hard.

I popped the hood and watched it run...you can see the tensioner flexing in kind of a rhythm. all the pulleys can be spun by hand...well except the crank of course. they all seem to spin freely except the alternator is a bit harder to turn.

the harmonic balancer could be worn but I don't know how to test it...or how to tell

I'm at a loss here...I'm tired of throwin money at parts w/out knowing for sure if it will fix it.

Thanks for any input

95 sc400

the car keeps throwin the serp. belt off. I already have replaced the belt...and put a brand new tensioner on. It does it anytime I accelerate semi-hard.

I popped the hood and watched it run...you can see the tensioner flexing in kind of a rhythm. all the pulleys can be spun by hand...well except the crank of course. they all seem to spin freely except the alternator is a bit harder to turn.

the harmonic balancer could be worn but I don't know how to test it...or how to tell

I'm at a loss here...I'm tired of throwin money at parts w/out knowing for sure if it will fix it.

Thanks for any input

Are your sure you have it threaded properly and it is the correct belt..do hte ribs fit the grooves in the pulleys..?

95 sc400

Thanks for any input

Are your sure you have it threaded properly and it is the correct belt..do hte ribs fit the grooves in the pulleys..?

yeah it did it w/ the old belt and the new one, and all ribs seem to line up.

The alternator should spin freely. That might be your problem. What about the A/C? Does it only throw it when the A/C cycles? If you turn A/C off completely will it not throw it? The A/C compressor is the hardest thing to turn, then the P/S pump. Water pump and Alternator load should be negligible.

95 sc400

Thanks for any input

The alternator should spin freely. That might be your problem. What about the A/C? Does it only throw it when the A/C cycles? If you turn A/C off completely will it not throw it? The A/C compressor is the hardest thing to turn, then the P/S pump. Water pump and Alternator load should be negligible.
95 sc400

Thanks for any input

thank goodness the A/C doesn't seem to be the issue. It does it either when it's off or on...I'm gonna double check the alternator when I get home...

thanks for the input