Dashboard

UNFORTUNATELY I GOT SOME WINDEX THAT I WAS USING TO CLEAN THE INTERIOR WINDOW ON THE DASHBOARD ABOVE THE GLOVE BOX. I WIPED IT OFF BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE STREAKED AND FADED THIS AREA. NOW THIS PART OF THE DASH HAS A MUCH DULLER APPEARANCE. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO BRING THE COLOR/SHINE BACK ON MY NEW GX 470.

I TRIED ARMOR ALL, LEATHER CONDITIONER AND EVEN VEGETABLE OIL BUT WHEN THEY DRY THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

For a quick cheap solution try a 5:1 dillution of Woolite and water and see where that gets you. If that doesn't work you can try some of the 1Z vinyl cleaners we sell at www.lexuscarcare.com.

Unfortunately there may not be much you can do, Windex is nasty stuff. You can probably even out the area with a deep cleaning and a product like 303 Aerospace protectant, we also sell that. Helps even out the dash tone without being too glossy.

• 3 months later...

I have a 1990 LS 400....What's the dashboard made of anyway? I've always assumed it was leather? Is it actually vinyl or pleather? What do you use to clean it? i've always just used armor all, which may be a mistake now that i've read some of these other postings. Should i use lexol to maintain the dashboard? What about all that plastic trim? Can I use armor all on those, or should I use some other product? Thanks.

Also, I've got some sort of adhesive glue on the dash from what appears to be one of those stick-on air freshners. What can I use to get that stuff off without harming the dash material? Thanks.

The dash is vinyl. Lexus calls it "synthetic leather" but its really just vinyl. The Ultra Luxury version of the LS430 has a partial leather dash, but the LS400 does not. Armor All is an okay protectant but its not a cleaner. What I reccomend to everyone is 1Z Cockpit Premium to clean the dash followed by 303 Aerospace Protectant to protect it. In all honesty protecting the interior peices (other than leather) isn't a big priority as the heat doesn't effect them so much and the solar tinted glass nowadays really blocks all the UV rays.

As for the adhesive, I'd try some goo gone.