3rd Gear Hesitation

kluthage421

Just yesterday the shift into 3rd gear became slow and it seems to hesitate. It is quite annoying when driving. On the highway a passenger accidentally bumped the car into neutral while I was accelerating and then put it back into drive while I was still accelerating. Don't know if that would cause anything. Either way I am going to flush the tranny fluid, replace the filter and install an inline filter. Any help?

Just yesterday the shift into 3rd gear became slow and it seems to hesitate. It is quite annoying when driving. On the highway a passenger accidentally bumped the car into neutral while I was accelerating and then put it back into drive while I was still accelerating. Don't know if that would cause anything. Either way I am going to flush the tranny fluid, replace the filter and install an inline filter. Any help?

instead of spend money on filter and fluid, have the tranny examine. i suspect damage. tranny goes from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd and on. .

you knocked it out of 3rd and put it back in. . .during the temporary out of gear, the car slowed down. when u put it back in gear w/the high acceleration, the tranny got confused as to which gear. . i suspect

if u do change fluid and filter and see some metal particles, definitely need a diagnose right away.