Cleaning And Maintenance Of New Es350

Hey all.

JGT- finally got the carnuba on the car ...good for you. Try waxing ithe whole car soon,will look gr8 and different. After washing wifes truck after my car today and seeing no beading (she leaving in an hour) I threw on some UGP + and it looked gr8. I cant wait to get the flex and polish her car in a few months.

I just did my P21 Carnuba after the wash today (i didn't get the 100%-got the older p21 but still looks gr8)... a few weeks with wax on the wheels made it so easy to just clean rims with the Ultima Washer washing every week, and put wax on the wheels rim again today as i waxed the whole car.

I have to say the 3 weeks since first waxing wheels it really works gr8. Have not had to use the p21 cleaner, but just use the ez brush with leftover ultima car wash as very little brake dust sticks to the rims with wax on them!

AND I AM PROUD TO SAY MY CAR IS IN THE GARAGE FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wILL HELP MY WAX LAST LONGER YEAAAAA!!! :cheers:

Hey ddoc, it is good to be back. And, now, I have another question. What do you use for to remove bug and tar debris from the front of the car? There are several options; Meguiars, Poor Boy, Dura Gloss...thoughts? Thanks.

I actually just use Sonus 4 in 1 Total Cleaner diluted at a 30:1 ratio and it works great. You spray it on and leave it for a few minutes and it gets rid of that stuff really well. I've heard Meguiars is also good, but I have never tried it.

Thanks ddoc!!! I tried the Ultima Quick Detailer Spray today as I was washing my car! I worked but it wasn't necessarily spray and wash...those darn bugs! Hey rjt, I used the P21-100% today (on my front hood only) and it really looks good! I think it takes off marks and leftover bug marks better than UPGP. Plus, the shine was very good (not as glass like but now I know what ddoc means by saying a deeper shine...it was dark when I finished and didn't take a pic but I could only notice the difference up close). However, on the rest of the car I used the UPGP - man is that easy and leaves a glass like shine! Detail #6 in the books since I have been able to (weather) in March/April (or whenever it was).

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Blame the dang Detail DOC, JGT, SWOS and others that got me hooked and spending all the money I negotiated off the car in supplies for it!! and still have to order the flex and accessories! ($300 plus)

I am providing much amusement to a neighbor who laughs seeing me multiple times a week cleaning my car. Add in a black on black and u get more of a challenge to keep it clean.

Can't wait to park next to a Black GS at my gym Monday Morning and see the my car outshine his carwash version .... hahahah :glare:

:closedeyes: detaildoc I must say I was totaly wrong the way I was using my PC. I was use to using a circular buffer where you had to be extremely careful about not burning or hacking off the corner paint off a car( It was engraved in my mind) that was the only thing available at that time. I was using it in a quick manner, old school,been a while since I've done this, about 15 years and damn things have changed. That is why my dumb questions.

I was living in the dark ages.

I'm learning more now than ever, thanks to you and all the great people here on LOC.

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

I blame you rjt65 for getting me hooked into this again. :lol:

I'm going to be the best looking IS350 in Miami!

Hey rjt, is the paintwork cleanser the one that is 8 oz for $129??? Whew, I hope it is good! That is alot of $$ for 8 oz. I had a hard enough time spending $75 for the 12 oz of UPGP. I just don't want to spend that much on something for bug/tar removal. The Quick Detailing Spray worked ok, but I had to go over it a few times.

Hey JE Nunnez, yes, I started this but rjt has gone NUTS!!! DetailDoc is the brains behind this post but rjt is gone CRAZY!!! Whew, rjt, you will be buying your wife a new house if you keep this detailing up. At least I have been keeping it to just the washing/waxing! I have no special vacuums (even though I think I am going to get one). My wife said to me just yesterday that I am spending more time with my car than her..............uh oh, here comes the dog house!!! :chairshot: (gee, I can hear "Who Let The Dogs Out" playing in the background!) LOL

Hey rjt, is the paintwork cleanser the one that is 8 oz for $129??? Whew, I hope it is good! That is alot of $$ for 8 oz. I had a hard enough time spending $75 for the 12 oz of UPGP. I just don't want to spend that much on something for bug/tar removal. The Quick Detailing Spray worked ok, but I had to go over it a few times.

Hey JE Nunnez, yes, I started this but rjt has gone NUTS!!! DetailDoc is the brains behind this post but rjt is gone CRAZY!!! Whew, rjt, you will be buying your wife a new house if you keep this detailing up. At least I have been keeping it to just the washing/waxing! I have no special vacuums (even though I think I am going to get one). My wife said to me just yesterday that I am spending more time with my car than her..............uh oh, here comes the dog house!!! :chairshot: (gee, I can hear "Who Let The Dogs Out" playing in the background!) LOL

$129? No way, it is only $12. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-400.html

yah $129 order that and run! :lol:

ddoc got it the 12$ one. I am assuming u picked up the case price.. I see that alot when doing searches on autopia click on search link and a case price comes up hidden in the description when u click but than see price look for small print) . I did the same with the all in one cleaner, and got linked to case $$$.

Man, just saw NY state (arrggh) going to start making large inet sellers (amazon sued them but do not know that status) charge NY state sales tax.

Just go the vacuum in under the gun with free tax and shipping. think/hope autopia and others will be too small to be effected by this, uggh! it is targeted at Amazon dang I use them lots! Got free super saver shipping , ordered vaccuum last week and it will arrive today or Tuesday, amazing no tax no shipping and saved

and JGT-- I figure go for all ASAP!!! get her over the shock. Otherwise extending it out over time will slowly get them crazy, like the Chinese water torture! ;) ... see spending time...comments first, than aren't you done buying stuff yet, than maybe an 'accidental' spilling of smelly coffee or Chinese food in your car... hmmmmm (I already warned my wife I am getting the detailing stuff - FLEX orbiter in the fall-setting expectations!)

My wife bought a 'bust duster type DYSON' for home..it is good cost $12 plus tax more than my vac., than but charge is for only good 6 minutes and to big to get into tiny crevices... I couldn't take using that in my car anymore!!

a mans car is equivalent to wifes makeup clothing and house purchases IMHO. Me and my car deserve this stuff!!! :lol:

Hey Dunno if this was anywhere but all a note on removing the carpet mats in the 08 350. stumbled on it myself.

Usually a real pain in the !Removed! when removing mats to vacuum bang them out etc. the hooks are so good that it is tough to remove. I was popping the hooks out each time and re-inserting. On some they were tougher than others to get out and I was hoping tht this would not break them.

couldn't find a way to easily lift them off until--------------- I found that by rolling the carpet (from top down) in a tight roll right up until the end it creates a perfect angle to easily lift off the mat without struggling with the attachment pins or taking them out of the floor. Reinsert back the same way.

So duh on me for not getting this sooner !!

rjt, yep that is what happened, I searched and I must have got the case price...phew!!! I just got my next over $100 shipment in from autopia....JE, I probably got the same look you got from your better half! My eyes are still burning with those lasers I got from my wife and daughter (as they came home from the mall with more shoes!!!!!!...lol).

Hi, Detailing masters, I am new here with my 3-week new ES350 (NAV+Premium Plus, Smoky Granite Mica/Black interior). After reading all your posts in this topic, I now know most of the basic items to buy. But just could not figure out the brand of one item: QD. Can someone help? Thanks!

Hi, Detailing masters, I am new here with my 3-week new ES350 (NAV+Premium Plus, Smoky Granite Mica/Black interior). After reading all your posts in this topic, I now know most of the basic items to buy. But just could not figure out the brand of one item: QD. Can someone help? Thanks!

That is the same color I have except mine has the light gray interior. A QD is a quick detailer. My favorite one and absolutely one of the best QD's out there is Fk 425, which you can get here: http://fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm. It is the pink one. No other QD out there leaves a glossier, slicker finish. In addition it has one of the best anti-static properties, which really does a great job in reducing dust accumulation on your car. Good luck. If after reading this thread you still have questions, feel free to ask. Happy detailing!

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!

Thanks DDoc and AZ08, just ordered the follwing, they better make and keep my car looking good. Otherwise, my wife is going to kill me..... :D :D . now am looking forward to the weekends....

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

Sonus Leather Care Bundle

Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus

:lol: good start.. u r hooked in.... Excuse my boldness but I would suggest to add (from these posts I filtered these out and use them and i did like 4 add on to autopia order and they still honored my discount )

EZ brush (gr8 for rims, tires and the wheel well)

Order some quality MF towels (need them to dry, wipe up excess product, glass interior etc)

Microfiber Towels - Pack of 3 (have 10) - for carnuba wax , polish sealent,et al. note: get waffle type for glass.

When you wash your MF's do not use powder detergent. I recommend you wash them with Woolite Original (liquid). Do not use bleach or fabric softerners. Wash them in warm or cold water and hang them out to dry. Try not to put them in the dryer, but if you have to, dry them in low. Also the towels from the online detailing stores are far superior to ones from Lowes home depot etc.

Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel 2-pack – to dry car-24$ autopia

Sonus Der Wunder MF MIT autopia -6$? Gr8 washing mitt

Also for your next order stock up on ONR (Optimum no Rinse) gr8 wash for the times you (Like for me Winter when freezing) need to wash but do not have a hose available. just put in bucket wash and use MF towel to dry no rinsing works gr8. The towels and MF mitt get a lot dirtier with no rinsing

and 2 warnings- Ultima WASH- when first opening remove the clear plastic inner cap too before tipping over to pour. It fell out wasting 1/4th of my bottle when i first tried to squeeze in bucket...same happened to JGTnewlexus 2) UGP + - use 2 squirts on the mf applicator it is tempting to over use .if you see streaking on your car u r using too much..just wait 12 hours than use MF towel to remove streaks. OK to drive the car after an hour they say it helps cure it. amazing how little u use to do the whole car.

Also the p21s carnuba wax is gr8 but I found out from ddoc that the p21s 100% is the better wax, lasts longer. But I use this wax (will use till gone) and it works gr8.

Thanks DDoc and AZ08, just ordered the follwing, they better make and keep my car looking good. Otherwise, my wife is going to kill me..... :D :D . now am looking forward to the weekends....

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

:lol:

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. You definitely need some high quality MF towels and a wool mitten. You can get the ones at Autopia, or my favorite ones at Pakshak.com. Also, to clean the leather I recommend that you buy a Grout Sponge at Lowes or HD and use that instead of the scrubbing applicator. The reason for this is that the best and safest way to clean leather is by using a foaming cleaner and the sonus applicator does not really foam. Shake the bottle a bit, then out some of the leather cleaner on the grout sponge and squeeze it several times to create a foam, then clean the seats with it. Reserve the scrubbing applicator for really dirty seats and stains.

Thanks, rjt, JEN and DetailDoc! for your good suggestions and tips.

I have a good brush for the tires and rims bought long time ago. For the MF towels, I got a pack of 36 (16"x16") from costco, there were made by Unitex International, I also got the MF mitts there, which include 3 MF mitts and two large drying MF towels. Lowes grout sponges were unused leftovers from my basement bar tiling project, finally they can be of some use again...... :D

:lol: good start.. u r hooked in.... Excuse my boldness but I would suggest to add (from these posts I filtered these out and use them and i did like 4 add on to autopia order and they still honored my discount )

Order some quality MF towels (need them to dry, wipe up excess product, glass interior etc)

Microfiber Towels - Pack of 3 (have 10) - for carnuba wax , polish sealent,et al. note: get waffle type for glass.

When you wash your MF's do not use powder detergent. I recommend you wash them with Woolite Original (liquid). Do not use bleach or fabric softerners. Wash them in warm or cold water and hang them out to dry. Try not to put them in the dryer, but if you have to, dry them in low. Also the towels from the online detailing stores are far superior to ones from Lowes home depot etc.

Also for your next order stock up on ONR (Optimum no Rinse) gr8 wash for the times you (Like for me Winter when freezing) need to wash but do not have a hose available. just put in bucket wash and use MF towel to dry no rinsing works gr8. The towels and MF mitt get a lot dirtier with no rinsing

and 2 warnings- Ultima WASH- when first opening remove the clear plastic inner cap too before tipping over to pour. It fell out wasting 1/4th of my bottle when i first tried to squeeze in bucket...same happened to JGTnewlexus 2) UGP + - use 2 squirts on the mf applicator it is tempting to over use .if you see streaking on your car u r using too much..just wait 12 hours than use MF towel to remove streaks. OK to drive the car after an hour they say it helps cure it. amazing how little u use to do the whole car.

Also the p21s carnuba wax is gr8 but I found out from ddoc that the p21s 100% is the better wax, lasts longer. But I use this wax (will use till gone) and it works gr8.

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

Thanks, rjt, JEN and DetailDoc! for your good suggestions and tips.

I have a good brush for the tires and rims bought long time ago. For the MF towels, I got a pack of 36 (16"x16") from costco, there were made by Unitex International, I also got the MF mitts there, which include 3 MF mitts and two large drying MF towels. Lowes grout sponges were unused leftovers from my basement bar tiling project, finally they can be of some use again...... :D

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

I would drop the Costco MF's, they are not the safest and will swirl your paint. Actually, keep them, but use them only to dry the wheels and the door jambs. Trust me on this one, get the ones from autopia or pakshak.

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! ES350MD and JE are hooked. Their wives (if they find out who I am and who ddoc and rjt are) are going to KILL US!!!! Autopia and Pashak are going to love us!!! I think I am going to buy stock in Autopia and Pashak now!!! Sorry for starting this post ES and JE! (or at least apologize to your wives for me). And by the way, the doghouse can be a really nice place to live.....if the dog lets you in! Hey, good luck with the detailing...wait to you see the Ultima Paint Guard Plus.....(and the P21 on top if you chose)...it is AWESOME!

Hey ddoc, I use the Grout Sponge when I wash my car as you suggested (it is wonderful by the way). So I can use that (a different "clean" sponge of course) on the leather? Does this apply to my perforated (heated/ac) leather seats also (I bought the Sonus leather bundle with the white/black applicator)?

One last thing for ES and JE.....the Sonus Der Wunder Drying towel is to die for! It is the best at soaking up water (after you use the "flood" method with the hose to get most of the "beaded" water off).

fk425

Handi-Grip Applicator

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

P21S Carnauba Car Wax

Grit Guard Insert

Ultima Paint Guard Wash

OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! ES350MD and JE are hooked. Their wives (if they find out who I am and who ddoc and rjt are) are going to KILL US!!!! Autopia and Pashak are going to love us!!! I think I am going to buy stock in Autopia and Pashak now!!! Sorry for starting this post ES and JE! (or at least apologize to your wives for me). And by the way, the doghouse can be a really nice place to live.....if the dog lets you in! Hey, good luck with the detailing...wait to you see the Ultima Paint Guard Plus.....(and the P21 on top if you chose)...it is AWESOME!

Hey ddoc, I use the Grout Sponge when I wash my car as you suggested (it is wonderful by the way). So I can use that (a different "clean" sponge of course) on the leather? Does this apply to my perforated (heated/ac) leather seats also (I bought the Sonus leather bundle with the white/black applicator)?

One last thing for ES and JE.....the Sonus Der Wunder Drying towel is to die for! It is the best at soaking up water (after you use the "flood" method with the hose to get most of the "beaded" water off).

Yes, you can use it on your leather instead of the Sonus applicator.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks JGT I'll try when my bank account comes back up a bit. :lol:

Now my brothers wife, she has a ES330, wants me to detail her car. The paint is pretty bad, scratches, water spots etc..

She says my car looks like candy. That made me feel good.

So the story continues.

By the way the tool shed in the back yard is not to bad, a little cramped with lawn tools, detailing supplys, and general crap we all save, but there's a little room to lay down and sleep. :blink:

Dad's day is the detailing day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started on Friday night, wash, 3 layers of Ultima Paint Guard Plus, P12Wax, 2 layers of Fk#425

Many thanks for all your suggestions, here are some pictures:

Here are the pictures

Great pics ES350MD!!!! Hey JE, sorry for the bank account...and the tool shed! But hey, look at it this way, now you can tell your wife and kids what to buy you for your birthday, fathers' day, christmas, etc.!!! Beats those ugly ties or wierd golf training aids/toys that you will never use!!!!