Canadian Phone On A Us Based Nav System

Gravity

Hello all. I just joined this forum and look forward to meeting all of you.

I'm looking at purchasing an 07 and wanted to know if the Bluetooth system in a vehicle from the US would work up here in Canada with the Rogers network.

I'm guessing that Bluetooth is the same no matter where you go so I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work but wanted to hear from anyone that has done it.

Thanks

G

Hello all. I just joined this forum and look forward to meeting all of you.

I'm looking at purchasing an 07 and wanted to know if the Bluetooth system in a vehicle from the US would work up here in Canada with the Rogers network.

I'm guessing that Bluetooth is the same no matter where you go so I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work but wanted to hear from anyone that has done it.

Thanks

G

It'll work. =) Bluetooth is bluetooth like you said as the phone system is not locked to geographic carriers.

edit: another Calgarian. whoo!

Yes, I have mine working. I'm on Rogers with a Blackberry. It auto connects everytime I get in so there's no need to hit connect everytime. It works pretty good so far... just gripes about not being able to dial on the screen with the car being in motion.

Go Hitman! =)

Yes, I have mine working. I'm on Rogers with a Blackberry. It auto connects everytime I get in so there's no need to hit connect everytime. It works pretty good so far... just gripes about not being able to dial on the screen with the car being in motion.

Go Hitman! =)

That's good to hear. My 07 arries in 2 weeks.

Go stamps

Go Hitman! =)

That's good to hear. My 07 arries in 2 weeks.

Go stamps

Hi Canadian.

I just got my GX470 2007 last week, and was just joining this club.

Yesterday I hook up my Blackberry (via Blutooth) and it works fine.

Aslo I hook up my garage door and gate.

Have you guys find out how to copy the address book over from the BB to the car system?

Also I imported this GX from USA, and really like to convert from Miles to KM, do you have any info about it, is there a conversion kit out there

like Honda has?

Thx. Grettir

Go Canucks

post-66022-1204577072_thumb.jpg

Congrats on getting a GX Grettir,

Both of us imported our GXs as well... :D

I haven't been able to copy my BB address over as either I'm dumb.... or my BB corporate security won't let me (it has a little lock button beside the option). If you can get it to work.. let me know! Anyways, it's an option setting in your BB.

As for changing the miles to KM, it all depends on which setting your talking about. You can change the miles to KM for the Navigation, but not for Fuel Range, odometer, etc. etc.

Ryan from Calgary.

Go Hitman! =)

Congratulations.

I am looking at importing a GX470 from the US (2006 or 2007). Any issues with warranty coverage? what's a reasonable price for a laoded beast?

thanks

Go Hitman! =)

Congratulations.

I am looking at importing a GX470 from the US (2006 or 2007). Any issues with warranty coverage? what's a reasonable price for a laoded beast?

thanks

There are no issues (YET) with warranty coverage. I got my extended Platinum Warranty down in the US when I was there. You have to get the warranty down in the states and not up here in Canada. Canadian dealerships won't let you purchase extended warranty for an US VIN. When you bring in your vehicle to Lexus, let them know that you have a US vehicle and that you have extended warranty as well.

It is really hard determining a price based on the year of the vehicle. As long as US price < CDN price, then it's a good deal. Don't forget to factor in 6.1% import tax, RIV fee ($200), Provincial Inspection ($200), A/C Excise Tax ($100), and Gas on top of everything else. Best of luck finding that right one!

-Ryan

Go Hitman! =)

Congratulations.

thanks

There are no issues (YET) with warranty coverage. I got my extended Platinum Warranty down in the US when I was there. You have to get the warranty down in the states and not up here in Canada. Canadian dealerships won't let you purchase extended warranty for an US VIN. When you bring in your vehicle to Lexus, let them know that you have a US vehicle and that you have extended warranty as well.

It is really hard determining a price based on the year of the vehicle. As long as US price < CDN price, then it's a good deal. Don't forget to factor in 6.1% import tax, RIV fee ($200), Provincial Inspection ($200), A/C Excise Tax ($100), and Gas on top of everything else. Best of luck finding that right one!

-Ryan

is it true that the gas guzzler tax does not apply to models put in circulation before March 2007?

thanks

I found that the prices were all over the map. A GX with more or less the same mileage in Scottsdale might be 5K higher 10 miles away. I started looking in the Phoenix area and was getting ready to pull the trigger on one but all the taxes can add up quickly. Plus you need to drive it back or put on a flat bed truck.

I found that most loaded ones were in the 43 to 45 range south of the border.

Prices on an 07 in Alberta were in the high 55K to high 60k range. I spotted an 07 here in Calgary that was brought up from the US and they wanted 62K for it??? Crazy.

I ended up getting mine from a dealer in Montreal. It's a US truck but it only had 15 Kilometers on it and the guy was asking just over 45K for it. It's in perfect condition.

My local Lexus dealer agreed to honor the warranty only after I supplied the VIN so that they could run a check on it and make sure the mileage checked out. I had this done before I made an offer to purchase. I guess they had an issue with one where the mileage had beed altered.

Keep in mind I never laid eyes on this vechicle till it arrived at my front door. I had the dealer take a ton of pictures and had it checked at a Lexus dealer in Montreal. But other then that.

Patience is the key. I must have spent 4 months checking all over the US and Canada.

It paid off.

Good luck.

G