Remote Door Window And Sunroof Option

dtsgy

At one point and time I was able to place my key into the door from the outside and turn it clockwise and close the windows and sunroof by doing this. Now it doesn't work, any ideas or maybe suggestions to address. Fuse is fine, no recent events that would affect wiring I don't think. Car is a LS400.

As far as I know, that feature (Central Locking) was not available on the LS until the 98 model. Before that, the most that would happen is that you could roll up/down the driver's window by turning the key in the lock cylinder.

At one point and time I was able to place my key into the door from the outside and turn it clockwise and close the windows and sunroof by doing this. Now it doesn't work, any ideas or maybe suggestions to address. Fuse is fine, no recent events that would affect wiring I don't think. Car is a LS400.

I was not aware that the LS let you roll up/down any windows by doing that. What year did this feature start? My 1992 does not seem to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Didi you change your battery since the last time it worked?

My 98 opens all windows and roof from the key fob but he door cylinder opens and closes all.

Yes the battery has been changed about four months ago. Is there something that needs to be reset?

As far as I know, that feature (Central Locking) was not available on the LS until the 98 model. Before that, the most that would happen is that you could roll up/down the driver's window by turning the key in the lock cylinder.

Not sure when this feature started, all I know is this is or was a feature on my LS 400 94 model.