After Clean The Throttle Body And Maf

littlemouse

After I clean the throttle body and MAF on my 92 LS400, the RPM start a little higher then 1000 and idle roughly. After 30 second, RPM start decrease (I can feel the car is shaking) then engine die. start it again and it die within 10 secounds. I wait for two hours and try again same thing happen (RPM start a little higher then 1000 and idle roughly. After 30 second, RPM start decrease then engine die.)

I unplug the MAF sensor nothing change.

I use CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner and CRC Throttle body & air-intake cleaner

Any one know why?

did you just spray the aerosols into the intake, or did you disassemble anything?

I clean it like this

tb04.jpg

sounds to me like a vacuum leak

How do you check it?

How to fix it?

when I removed the parts I see the silver stuff between it, is that something to prevent air leak?

why it is fine for the first 30 sec? :(

After I clean the throttle body and MAF on my 92 LS400, the RPM start a little higher then 1000 and idle roughly. After 30 second, RPM start decrease (I can feel the car is shaking) then engine die. start it again and it die within 10 secounds. I wait for two hours and try again same thing happen (RPM start a little higher then 1000 and idle roughly. After 30 second, RPM start decrease then engine die.)

I unplug the MAF sensor nothing change.

I use CRC mass air flow sensor cleaner and CRC Throttle body & air-intake cleaner

Any one know why?

Did you put everything back together, or are you expecting that the engine will run properly with the air ducting between the MAF and the throttle body removed?.............It won't.

If the ducting is not put back in place, there will be no airflow over the MAF, hence the MAF reports back to the ECU that there is no airflow and the engine will die.

With the ducting removed, unplugging the MAF won't make any difference..........

I wouldn't entertain the idea of buying a new MAF (or anything else) until you put everything back together properly and try it.

The less you screw around with the MAF, the better. The leads coming off the MAF bulb are very delicate and it would be easy to break one of the leads, then you ARE screwed.