Amp Cuts Out At High Vol....

I dunno know why, but the sub cuts out when the volume is turned up passed have with the bass set to 50%, also depends on the song, but I've only experienced this on my dads 98 400. Has anyone else gone through this?? I drive plenty of GSs at work and none of them do this, only my dads so far.

Its just the sub too, all the other speakers keep playing, so I'm thinking its the amp for sure.

I have a 99 GS4...and yes...mine does that a lil while after its been playing at more than 50%...I just figure that after I get some jing saved up...I will buy a sub and amp and replace the whole system...I think it is just because the factory amp wasn't made to handle music being played at more than 50% for any considerable amount of time. Who knows...I just plan on replacing everything....probably the best way to go...but lets see what everybody else responds... :cheers:

cool, well if you do, lemme know what you do. I dont think it'll be that hard, simple plug and play right? the rem is there, as for the power, ground and speaker cables, just need to find a way to mount it stealthy like Lexus did. B)