Daytime Running Lights

boostedis300

has anyone swapped out the halogen daytime running lights for hid bulbs? i imagine they have, but what's involved in doing this, an hid conversion kit???

The DRL system wouldn't fire up HID bulbs. They run on low power reduced by the resistor in the pics that I linked. It's your normal high beams running on low power.

I don't think you'd want your high beams as HID running full power in the daytime. That would probably even be illegal.

You could, however maybe put in some hyper white bulbs to make the DRL's a little less yellow.

• 1 year later...
has anyone swapped out the halogen daytime running lights for hid bulbs? i imagine they have, but what's involved in doing this, an hid conversion kit???

The DRL system wouldn't fire up HID bulbs. They run on low power reduced by the resistor in the pics that I linked. It's your normal high beams running on low power.

I don't think you'd want your high beams as HID running full power in the daytime. That would probably even be illegal.

You could, however maybe put in some hyper white bulbs to make the DRL's a little less yellow.

Hey guys!!!

My car is a 2002 IS200. Built in GB for the european market with xenon headlamps. Im also interested in these daytime running lights and im looking for these function. Does anybody know how to "unlock" ist? Do i need this small black box??

thx

greetings from germany

Hey guys!!!

My car is a 2002 IS200. Built in GB for the european market with xenon headlamps. Im also interested in these daytime running lights and im looking for these function. Does anybody know how to "unlock" ist? Do i need this small black box??

thx

greetings from germany

What exactly do you want to do?

What exactly do you want to do?

The european lexus cars dont have these daytime running lights, this "blackbox" too. I want to know if other relays or parts also exists or do i need this box only?!?!

If you cut the cable to the box, do you shut it off?

thx

Mostly all I know is that if you unplug the box the daytime lights don't light. If you jumper the plug, then the lights run but brighter. I'm sure there is a circuit tied in to the ignition because the lights come on when you start the engine. Also when the headlights are on, the daytime lights go out.

Mostly all I know is that if you unplug the box the daytime lights don't light. If you jumper the plug, then the lights run but brighter. I'm sure there is a circuit tied in to the ignition because the lights come on when you start the engine. Also when the headlights are on, the daytime lights go out.

okay...Today i was at my local Toyota & Lexus dealer. There are two different problems. My car doesn´t have the blackbox, the "voltage control" box and the plug which you can see between of both of the cable. He told me that i can contact Toyota Germany or Europe to get this parts. Maybe from USA too.

Did someone have the possibility to ask a Lexus dealer for those parts?

I hope you can tell me, what parts i need to install. Maybe some guys have the knowledge to repair the drl function of a damaged IS.

THX