Original Ls400 Champagne Glass Commercial

TA in KC

Had seen this a while back and came across it on the web the other day....thought some folks might like to see it also.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7621622662327174932

I have always loved that comercial, I remember when it first aired. Great stuff :cheers:

Classy new avatar DC.

Had seen this a while back and came across it on the web the other day....thought some folks might like to see it also.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7621622662327174932

I have always loved that comercial, I remember when it first aired. Great stuff :cheers:

Classy new avatar DC.

Thanks, eatingupblacktop ;) B) :D

• 2 weeks later...

They also have one of the early traction control commercials on there..which weren't nearly as common.

I think Nissan also made one for the Altima; both rebutting and complementing Lexus at the same time; using similar lighting they were like "our 13k car is almost as smooth as this 40k car."

Brilliant piece of marketing. I still remember the launch ad; with the car driving through the countryside. I haven't see that one anywhere.

Hi:

I saw that commercial and thought it was different and great at the same time. But I bet none remember that Buick/GM made a rebuttal of it, doing the same. I bet no one finds that one. I will try.

CPR

Neat commercial.

Unfortunately, my LS400 would knock the glasses over @ 35 mph with the vibrations I have. My motor mounts are bad though I believe, but after 17 years and 210K miles, thats OK huh? ;)

Is the voice-over the same guy who does them today? Sounds like him.

Very cool.

James Sloyan. His voice is amazing. he's been in alot of stuff including playing a romulan defector in star trek the next generation. He's still doing voice work for them to this day.

Bigbuggie, i think the same thing about the ls400 crank. :D its a very distinctive hi pitched start. I love it. you're not alone. the 1uz sounds awesome.