Rims That Can Fit A 1991 Ls400

jaemee

I have a 1991 LS400, I want to go bigger on my wheels, but I have heard going too big can mess up the cars suspension as well as other things. So I was wondering if anybody knew what was the largest I could go with out harming my car and also I would like to see a list of all or some of the rims that are able to fit on a 1991 ls400.

P.S. - I was not born with infinite knowledge and I'm trying to learn so please be nice.

• 2 months later...
My 1992 LS400 came with 15's, but i have heard up to 18 will fit easily.... If youw ant to keep the smooth ride quality you mght not want to go that big, but for looks, the bigger the better ;)

i have 20" tis rims just a little bumpy but drives verry good

I have a 1991 LS400, I want to go bigger on my wheels, but I have heard going too big can mess up the cars suspension as well as other things. So I was wondering if anybody knew what was the largest I could go with out harming my car and also I would like to see a list of all or some of the rims that are able to fit on a 1991 ls400.

P.S. - I was not born with infinite knowledge and I'm trying to learn so please be nice.

I bought a 2006 ls430 17 inch six spoke wheels with that awsome lexus silver finish and had a new set of bridgestones,and it rides like a million dollars.you should see the look on that baby,it looks awsome. go for it.spend it baby.lol

p.s.//for you guys out there any used lexus wheel from any series or model OR YEAR fits any lexus from any year ,any model except ( THE LS460 THAT IS ATOTAL DIFFERENT BEAST).

aarman is correct, it was 15's until '93, when 16s became standard.

you should have more options than any other gen given that you have the smallest brakes, and brake clearance is one of the bigger factors. come to think of it, if you're stepping to 17s or 18s you may want to fit some '93-94 brakes to it so that you can stop the extra rotating mass.

Excellent advice on the brakes. Larger wheels and tires require significantly more stopping power and the 1990, 1991 brakes are marginal at best in their native state.

I had a 93 ls400, came with 15 in rims. Put 16 in oems on it. Now have a 2000 ls400. bolt pattern same, but the rotors don't clear rims.

I sold an extra set of 16 in on ebay, and someone sounding knowledgeable said the 16's that fit a 93 would go up to a 95 or 96, i'm not sure.

I still have a set of 16in rims, good condition, that i am going to put on ebay. They have Toyo Proxes TPT 225/60/16 tires with marginal life on them (wear bars starting to show on 2 of them and not far from it on the better 2). $400 plus shipping.

I believe the calipers on the UCF20 are even bigger than the 1LS's. I don't think 100% of Lexus wheels will fit any Lexus vehicle (ie. IS-F 19" wheels won't work on the IS250 AWD for some reason), and RX doesn't work on LS (i think), but I think a lot of them will work.

Mainly need to worry about the offset.

And brakes are always a good thing to look into when going with a bigger wheel!

my ls is 92' and I have 2006 ls430 17 inch six spoke wheels,with aset of bridgestones235/45hr17. man it rides and handles like a million dollar.in addition to that ,I did not have to resort to much bigger brake system either,it stops just fine and no excessive wear .

I had 20" TSW Mondello's on my 91 LS. Still rode like a cloud but let me tell ya going from 15"-20" is not easy on the hubs and that whole set-up.

I think the biggest I'd go on my 97 is a nice deep dish 18" or 19" possibly.

• 7 years later...