05 Ls430 Front Side Marker Lamp Replacement

bostontechguy

Attached is from repair manual for the '06 version. I hope it is wrong (or that I never need to replace one of those bulbs) the steps in the manual do not look like fun. I note that the owners manual does not list the front bulbs in the "user maintenance" section.Lexus_Repair_Manual_Section_65_Lighting_System.pdf

Thank you - I had actually found that also. There must be a better way! I can't be the only one that needs to replace these.

Attached is from repair manual for the '06 version. I hope it is wrong (or that I never need to replace one of those bulbs) the steps in the manual do not look like fun. I note that the owners manual does not list the front bulbs in the "user maintenance" section.Lexus_Repair_Manual_Section_65_Lighting_System.pdf

I have found that even the front side marker lights on the 1990-94 LS400s can be "fussy".... no wonder you see so many with these blown out. On my old 90' LS400 I was never able to get the right side light back in place properly and it was mis-aligned. Then I got my 91' LS400 and both were blown.. as I remembered, they were a pain to remove (still had the original bulbs in place from what I could tell) and were "fussy" to get back in- again, especially on the passenger side, but I did get it and got them in properly on this car. To some people this may be a breeze and I am sure there are some worse, but I have installed some on some cars that was easy as pie and this car was not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

you 05 LS is out of warranty?:)

i would go to the dealer to replace the bulb just to get a nice car was on "lexus approved car wash":)