Broken Wire To Window Switch?

mcslexus

Just wondering if any one out there has had any problems with the wiring to driver's side widndow switch on a 99 sc. I could not put the driver's or passenger side widndow with the master switch but the passenger's side works fine.I had just pulled out the switch to test if it was getting power and it wasn't, I had checked all the fuses and none were blown, for a temporary fix I spliced the blue wire on the switch to the door light and now it is working. Does anybody know if there is common spot for a shorted or broken wire on these cars, Maybe somebody has a diagram they could share.

Just wondering if any one out there has had any problems with the wiring to driver's side widndow switch on a 99 sc. I could not put the driver's or passenger side widndow with the master switch but the passenger's side works fine.I had just pulled out the switch to test if it was getting power and it wasn't, I had checked all the fuses and none were blown, for a temporary fix I spliced the blue wire on the switch to the door light and now it is working. Does anybody know if there is common spot for a shorted or broken wire on these cars, Maybe somebody has a diagram they could share.

very common problem. if u open the door, and cut away the rubber boot that all the wires are inside of, u should find a pink or a blue wire ripped.... just get a short piece of wire and connect it in, and VOILA! it works again..... just check all the wires when u remove the rubber boot.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

very common problem. if u open the door, and cut away the rubber boot that all the wires are inside of, u should find a pink or a blue wire ripped.... just get a short piece of wire and connect it in, and VOILA! it works again..... just check all the wires when u remove the rubber boot.

Always the blue wire :cheers:

post-55628-0-29000600-1379010668_thumb.j

post-55628-0-35673500-1379010680_thumb.j