Radio/climate Backlight

So I was doing some electrical work today on my car and I can't decide if I'm going insane or not. I could have sworn that my radio/climate unit used to be backlit, but now they aren't. I popped a fuse or two while doing the electrical work, but I can find one in the manual that fixes my issues.

Does my car usually have a backlight on the stereo and climate control unit? If so, which fuse is popped and where can I find it?

P.S. I could have sworn my cig lighter used to have a round guidelight on it too. Am i crazy?

Okay, now I know I'm not crazy because I noticed the backlight on my gear shifter is also out. Any idea which fuse I should be looking at?

Check your fuses in the kick panel on the driver's side. There is backlight in your climate and radio display therefore you're not going insane... :rolleyes:

Good luck...

• 9 months later...
So I was doing some electrical work today on my car and I can't decide if I'm going insane or not. I could have sworn that my radio/climate unit used to be backlit, but now they aren't. I popped a fuse or two while doing the electrical work, but I can find one in the manual that fixes my issues.

Does my car usually have a backlight on the stereo and climate control unit? If so, which fuse is popped and where can I find it?

P.S. I could have sworn my cig lighter used to have a round guidelight on it too. Am i crazy?

Not uncommon, I had the same thing happen. Not to mention that I lost the back lighting to my heated seats and gear selector. You can go up to radio shack and pickup some LED's. Now mind you they are dimmer but I always felt the factory was too bright anyway. I choose to use red I kinda like it.

Not uncommon, I had the same thing happen. Not to mention that I lost the back lighting to my heated seats and gear selector. You can go up to radio shack and pickup some LED's. Now mind you they are dimmer but I always felt the factory was too bright anyway. I choose to use red I kinda like it.

dunno bout the stereo thing i have the factory nav but i have seen posts on this. use the serach method and look for it. no cig lighter does have a green light around it, check fuse for this one. heated seats.... there is a bulb under these switches........not normally the fuse. normally just the bulb located UNDER the switch.... have to take out part of center console to access these....

since sometimes you cant get a answer on here i sent u a pm but i know DCFISH sells replacement lcd's for stereo/climate

here's a old post

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52678