Question About Rear Air Conditioner

Aykhan

When I set a temperature, say to 25 C in the heating mode in autumn and after that turn on rear air conditioner I notice that cool air comes from rear roof side and back inlets. Shortly, from front dasboard inlets I feel warm air, but from rear roof inlets I feel that normal ( not heated) air comes even if I set a temp control of the rear air conditioner to the maximum.

Is it normal? Does it mean that REAR air conditioner is designed only for cooling ? I have 2004 model Lexus LX-470 bought in UAE.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but this doesn't help. I have no buttons in my 2004 Lexus. I have control buttons of the a/c on the roof, a little behind the 2-nd row. You can adjust there temperature and airflow directions and e/c. And I have some air diffusors on the roof, there is not any blue or red indications on that diffusors. When a/c in the heating mode the cold air comes from diffusors on the roof near 2-nd and 3-d rows. What Have I to do, to close diffusors in the winter, either not to use REAR a/c in the winter at all?

Madness999, Thank you.

I bought my new 2004 Lexus in UAE, since in Azerbaijan where I am we have not Lexus dealer. UAE belongs to so called GCC countries, this is how they designated Middle East countries in the Lexus manual.

Since they have always summers, I thought that maybe something wrong with this version of the car. For example, there are hundreds of options in my car including bluetooth telephone, front parking alarm, keyless go system, but it hasn't front seats heating. This is because probably they don't need to heat them at all.

But here in Azerbaijan we have normal winters also with minus temperatures and snows.

If to be exact rear roof a/c doesn't have in my car airflow buttons, I made a mistake. It has only temperature control and fan speed buttons. I don't feel warm air comes from below front seats. In manual is written that it must come from below central armrest panel, but this is except Middle East countries.

Just so I'm interested in maybe somebody has the same Middle East version and can answer ? Does your rear a/c heat at all ? With front a/c there isn't problem, it heats normal.