Difference From My 1997 Vs. My 2000

ALarsh

I am looking to purchase an ES300 now and I perfer the 2000 model year, but what are the exact differences between the 1997-1999's to a 2000-2001 model year ES300? Anything I should be aware of that is prone to go wrong with these (beside radio and gauges)?

Anybody know of any good 2000-2001 300's for sale?

Thanks

I am looking to purchase an ES300 now and I perfer the 2000 model year, but what are the exact differences between the 1997-1999's to a 2000-2001 model year ES300? Anything I should be aware of that is prone to go wrong with these (beside radio and gauges)?

Anybody know of any good 2000-2001 300's for sale?

Thanks

The 1999 - 2001 model ES has more horsepower, torque & a little more refined overall than the 97-98's. The tail lights look better (imo....I owned a 2001) on the 2000 & 2001's than the older ones. Check out this comparo link...

http://www.nctd.com/review-compare.cfm?Veh...hicleThree=3195 Click on the individual links at the top to read the 4 page reviews of each.

You should be aware that any one of these models to get one that was properly maintained.....the engine gelling is a concern with this generation. Best advice.....get the newest one of these you can afford. Good luck & hope this helps.

:cheers:

2000 yr - front aggressive snout restyling, HID , wood steering wheel option than previous yr models.

99 yr and above vvti engine.

nakamichi audio option was discontinued in 2001. try to purchase with that option. you cannot retrofit with any aftermarket radio to get that level of quality.