Right Door Window Not Working

TomTA

The other day we finally had some clear weather and I opened up the trunk, sun roof, and door windows. To my surprise the right door window did not move. It worked freely without a hint of problems the last time I opened the window.

Checking the fuses it appears that the windows are both on the same fuse, which rules that out if true.

Is there anything simple that I should look at before I tear the whole door and window assembly apart to figure it out?

Tom :(

The other day we finally had some clear weather and I opened up the trunk, sun roof, and door windows. To my surprise the right door window did not move. It worked freely without a hint of problems the last time I opened the window.

Checking the fuses it appears that the windows are both on the same fuse, which rules that out if true.

Is there anything simple that I should look at before I tear the whole door and window assembly apart to figure it out?

Tom :(

If you hear the motor going, then I suspect you have a bad window regulator. If you hear nothing, perhaps it's the motor. I bought a new regulator online from a Lexus dealer for about $115. Motor costs a lot more.

TomTA, This may be your solution to your problem?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=95720

Thanx for the questions and the great link. Unfortunately I don't hear the motor running, so I suspect an electrical connection problem, or the motor itself. The thread about rebuilding the window regulator is great and I have saved it for future use.

Tom