Traction Button

Does anyone out here know how I can turn off the traction control? After pressing the button to turn it off, the first hint of traction loss, it turns back on. I need to get the tires spinning to move in the snow. Any help would be great. Thanks

Does anyone out here know how I can turn off the traction control? After pressing the button to turn it off, the first hint of traction loss, it turns back on. I need to get the tires spinning to move in the snow. Any help would be great. Thanks

You need to hold the button for a few seconds.

I have done that, however, the minute the car feels the tires spin--the traction turns back on. It's actually very dangerous. You are pulling out in the street and then the car almost just shuts down, nothing. I was caught in that position the other day, almost got T-boned by another car coming from the left.

Maybe you should try this (I found it in the german LOC):

- start the car with the parking brake on

- then depress the foot brake twice (keep the foot brake down)

- then parking brake twice (keep it down )

- depress the foot brake once again

- now the TRC light should be on

...it will reset when you restart the car

I couldn't test it, because I'm still waiting for my new IS.

Can you fully turn it of in an '06? Or is it just the stability that can't be turned off?

Can you fully turn it of in an '06? Or is it just the stability that can't be turned off?

You can to like the post above yours says. It turns off almost all the nanny stuff.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through this post. The '06 cars don't have a button to push to defeat the traction control. So you have to do what is known as the 'pedal dance'.

1 - If you press the traction button on the ‘07 or ‘08 cars the traction control feature will be disabled at low vehicle speeds. The stability control is still 100% active.

2 - If you press and hold the traction button on the ‘07 or ‘08 cars then both the traction control and stability control will be disabled, again at low speeds. If the car gets too silly then the systems will come back online. It seems like disabling the safety features puts the car into a "Sport" or "Competition" mode so you can be more aggressive etc...

Regards,

• 1 year later...

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through this post. The '06 cars don't have a button to push to defeat the traction control. So you have to do what is known as the 'pedal dance'.

1 - If you press the traction button on the ‘07 or ‘08 cars the traction control feature will be disabled at low vehicle speeds. The stability control is still 100% active.

2 - If you press and hold the traction button on the ‘07 or ‘08 cars then both the traction control and stability control will be disabled, again at low speeds. If the car gets too silly then the systems will come back online. It seems like disabling the safety features puts the car into a "Sport" or "Competition" mode so you can be more aggressive etc...

Regards,

"pedal dance for 2006 IS350":

Traction control (off):

1) start car, then press down parking brake with left foot, take foot off while parking brake is down and red light is illuminated on dash.

2) press down foot brake and release foot brake all the way each time, do this three (3) times in a row, then hold down foot brake with right foot.

3) while holding the foot brake down with right foot, press down the parking brake with left foot to release it until the red light on dash goes off, do this also three (3) times in a row (make sure the red light comes on and goes off throughout each cycle, make sure the right foot stays on the foot brake throughout this step).

4) take left foot off parking brake after step 3 above.

5) release the foot brake with right foot, followed by pushing it down again and releasing two (2) more times until the yellow traction / skid light icon illuminates on dash. This will indicate the traction control is off, when yellow icon / light stays on.

6) traction control will be reset back to default (on) when car is turned off.