After-market Headlight

mhm221

Does any one know if there is a company that makes after-market headlights for a 96 LS400? I have searched the web with no results. I'm looking for a factory replacement style. I would like something a little classy (possibly projector style).

Thanks

I have never seen aftermarket headlights for a 95-97 LS400 other than headlights that matched the OEM headlights. Are you looking for better lighting?

The 95-97 LS400 has wonderful headlights compared to the POS headlights I put up with for 13 1/2 years on my gen 1 (1990) LS400.

If you are simply looking for better lighting you might try Philips Vision Plus 50 bulbs. Or ... I just put a set of Sylvania Xtravision H4 bulbs in my wife's Camry and I can tell that they are significantly brighter. Neither of these bulbs are tinted -- they provide real light improvment and not just a "look". Both the Philips bulbs and the Sylvania bulbs have a shorter life than OEM spec bulbs. The Sylvania bulbs will likely be the easiest to find and are carried by major discount stores.

Yeah the jetta retrofit looked pretty good.

I didn't feel like spending a ton of money on HIDs and everything so in my 97 I went with Silverstar ULTRAs for H/L and NOKYA Hyper Yellow fogs.

They're ridiculously bright!! :D As close to HIDs as I could get :D

That DOES look good!!! Thats more along the lines of what I was going for. Sounds like a good bit of work but looks well worth it. I'm just not happy with the OEM "basic" look. Thank you so much for your help and the pics.