Premium Or Regular

Toyofreak

I have not seen where they have us put premium gas in the RX models does anyone have any data on what is the normal fuel to use in the RX models? Miles per gallon versus type of fuel used ect? Our RX on long trips get about 25 mile per gallon.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have not seen where they have us put premium gas in the RX models does anyone have any data on what is the normal fuel to use in the RX models? Miles per gallon versus type of fuel used ect? Our RX on long trips get about 25 mile per gallon.

Thanks,

Kevin

I started off using the mid-grade and now only use the 87. I haven't noticed the slightest bit of difference. Using premium fuel will only be noticed in a performance vehicle and even then it may only be noticed if you run a timed course. I've put the 91 in for several tanks to see if the mileage improved and it did not. I can maybe get 23 or so on the highway with the 87 but I'd need to drive 60-65 mph to get 24 or over and that'll get you shot here in SoCal.