04 Rx330 No Heat When Not Moving?

Paul Kassey

This seems strange.... I have an 04 RX330 with 90K miles.. this winter the heat is acting strange. There is no heat coming out of the vent when the car is not moving, even though the temp is up to MAX. In fact cool air is coming out...... I soon as i start to move hot air comes out of the vents... does not matter if i select floor vents or window defroster or vents... Any clues... ??? i have never seen this...

thanks

Great forum... BTW

I had similar issues in another car. My fix was simple. The coolant was so low that it couldn't circulate through the heating system adequately when the car was moving. Don't mean to give you the idiot treatment but have you checked your radiator AND your coolant recovery tank for level?

Gary

I had similar issues in another car. My fix was simple. The coolant was so low that it couldn't circulate through the heating system adequately when the car was moving. Don't mean to give you the idiot treatment but have you checked your radiator AND your coolant recovery tank for level?

Gary

It is also possible to have a vapor lock, air bubble, in one of the hoses to/from the heater core.

Gary

It is also possible to have a vapor lock, air bubble, in one of the hoses to/from the heater core.

that's a great idea... no i have not check the coolant level... nor the hoses.!!.. it has not been serviced for a while so i bet that could be the problem..

thanks

i will let you know what happens.. thanks for the tips...

great forum..

:)