Anyway To Program Locks To All Unlock After Turning Off Car?

ok my 93 es woulda unlock (might have been cause of my autostart though) all 4 doors when i turned off the motor but in my 2001 gs ONLY the drivers door unlocks when you turn off the car! since i drive clients around after the car shuts off they go to open the door and it wont let them and its starting to become a nuisance.........any help here? can i program all 4 doors to unlock or something here?

ok my 93 es woulda unlock (might have been cause of my autostart though) all 4 doors when i turned off the motor but in my 2001 gs ONLY the drivers door unlocks when you turn off the car! since i drive clients around after the car shuts off they go to open the door and it wont let them and its starting to become a nuisance.........any help here? can i program all 4 doors to unlock or something here?

you can program all doors to unlock when shifts to park.

Check your owners manual. I thnk that's where the instructions were for my GS450. All doors unlock when shifting into park. Otherwise, it may be one of those owner options that Lexus can set for you.

Section 6-2 in my GS450 manual states: Your vehicle includes a variety of features...which can be customized. Programming requires special equipment...performed by a Lexus dealer.

It further states that all doors unlocking when shifting to park is the DEFAULT setting.

Check your manual and decide what you want. Dealers will do all of them once, free, during the first year I believe. However, if your dealership is like mine they would probably do it anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

ty u sir i will look......i need to get my butt across toiwn and go to the dealer if not! i just dont like my dealership in memphis! thanks for the help i will check my manual first!

Dealer can do that plus some other nifty adjustments via the " C- Best(Bert?) computer thingy that only they have. My dealer charged me 100 but I haer other did it for free. If you bought car there etc. Check archives for C- Best setting options B)

OK OK I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY LOCAL LEXUS AND THEY SAID CUSTOMIZABLE FEATURES WERENT AVALIABLE TILL 2004! SO I GUESS IM S.O.L.

OH WELL S.S.D.D.!

No way. Just had some changes ie the doors to unlock at park done at my dealer and I've got a 1999. You need to talk to someone who know what the heck they are talking about! ;)

Ok I'm not saying anything bout what year it was made n for what car I'm simply repeating what my dealer said 2 me! I told you'll I hate my dealership n Memphis! They the worst lexus dealership I've ever dealt with!

ok i've talked 2 4 LEXUS DEALERSHIPS 2 including my dealer in town told me this option was/is not avaliable on the 2001 models..........i talked to sewell lexus and they said it is not a option that the 2001 has..........i called carson toyota and they referred me to a local dealer who said it was a option my dealer in memphis said it wasnt a option either OH YEAH AND OUT OF THE 4 OF THEM NONE OF THEM KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT A C-BEST OR A C-BERT SYSTEM said they have never heard of this! someone help me PLEASE............i have a headache!

ok i've talked 2 4 LEXUS DEALERSHIPS 2 including my dealer in town told me this option was/is not avaliable on the 2001 models..........i talked to sewell lexus and they said it is not a option that the 2001 has..........i called carson toyota and they referred me to a local dealer who said it was a option my dealer in memphis said it wasnt a option either OH YEAH AND OUT OF THE 4 OF THEM NONE OF THEM KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT A C-BEST OR A C-BERT SYSTEM said they have never heard of this! someone help me PLEASE............i have a headache!

I think we all do :huh: Maybe the dealers don't call it a c- Best sysytem but there is a list of at least a dozen options that only the dealer can customize for you... Maybe if you ask them to change some of the factory preset options that might strike a bell with them. I can tell you I just had this done and I have a 1999 GS400. Maybe you should go to the service bay and talk with a manager or technitian. For whatever reason you are being put off or blown off. Good luck and don't take it doesn't exist for a proper answer. ;)

well im back on the horn again with my dealership (i cannot stress how much i hate my local dealership in Memphis).......i love how Lexus's answer to everything is yeah bring it in and we can take care of it for you! now they telling me as a preset option yes it can be done but I'll be charged at least $50.00 for this........i cant see paying that much for 30 secs of labor and i can only see me driving across town and they not being available to do this!

:whistles: mines not a certified preowned! whats ymmv? lol i dont even wanna tell u how much they just charged my father to pull my old viper alarm/autostart off (i dunno why he took it there but they charged him OVER 400 JUST TO PULL OFF A ALARM so i dunno if they will wave my 50 dollar charge or not)

• 4 weeks later...

ok ok FINALLY got a straight answer............yes these things can be done it has to go in they said as they have to hook it up to a scanner! will charge me 1/2 hour of labor ($50) and i should be able to have this and a few other things done!